Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chain was loose(out of spec) so I adjusted it tonight on the ground. I measured each side within the space that the lock nut/bolt go and they are both the same amount.

Am I good to go? Or is there a chance it's still out of alignment?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I wouldn't rely on that, but if you needed it in a pinch you'll probably be OK for a shoert distance.

Buy some calipers(analog or digital) and use them to measure your adjustment on each side while it is on a stand.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
My chain was loose(out of spec) so I adjusted it tonight on the ground. I measured each side within the space that the lock nut/bolt go and they are both the same amount.

Am I good to go? Or is there a chance it's still out of alignment?
if both tensioners are lined up, you should be good to go yeah. double check your chain slack after the next time you go out too.

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
If they are the same then you should be fine. Put the bike up on a rear stand and spin the tire. If it stops really quickly and feels like it is a little more difficult to spin than it might need more adjustment. Also when you ride, if when you let off the throttle and it feels like the bike slows down faster than normal it could be out of adjustment. I had mine out of alignment once and found out that way. I was moving and had all my tools already gone on the moving truck so I took it to the stealership and they screwed it up, but I fixed it soon enough and they did it for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts