Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,432 Posts
If its not salvaged and in solid condition, I'd say that's a decent price.

Didn't you just get a bike?
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike is carbureted, and the throttle is response is not as quick during the initial take off which is expect from carbureted bikes, right?

And the shifting is loose. Engages really late.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I would bring 3,000 cash with me...wave it in their face....and see if they bite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
I thought carbureted bikes had better fuelling, instead of the slight on throttle hesitation FI gets? should be smooth as silk as far as I know.

stock pipe? no plates? are those pictures from when it was new?
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pantablo said:
I thought carbureted bikes had better fuelling, instead of the slight on throttle hesitation FI gets? should be smooth as silk as far as I know.

stock pipe? no plates? are those pictures from when it was new?
FI has a slight throttle hesitation? Didn't feel that today....haha

A deposit was place on the bike. Bike is purchased!
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, no.

This is for a newbie friend. We were going to start him off on a 250 but I think the bike may be too small for him (he's 6'2-3"). We thought of a 500cc bike but decided a more recent 600cc bike may be better. Besides, if he feels riding is not for him I'll take it off his hands...haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
Nemesis said:
The bike is carbureted, and the throttle is response is not as quick during the initial take off which is expect from carbureted bikes, right?

And the shifting is loose. Engages really late.
I believe its fuel inject not carb.. i think 99 and 00 is.. correct me if im wrong i had 99 r6..
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
Thats a lot of miles for a carbed bike man.
i say no. maybe 3. Hell 07 bikes are prolly on ship from Japan already, that biek is gonna be 5 YO in a blink.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
snikwad said:
Thats a lot of miles for a carbed bike man.
i say no. maybe 3. Hell 07 bikes are prolly on ship from Japan already, that biek is gonna be 5 YO in a blink.
Yeah, but understand it's for a newb and expect the bike to be dumped a few times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
i would say no. thats quite a few miles for that price. That year model has problems with second gear too. Check out r6messagenet.com then look at warranty and premature failure forum. It has it as a sticky i believe. It seems to happen to alot of r6s from that year.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top