Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a Honda cbr600rr a 2003 with oh 8,000 miles to 10,000ish
what is a good price range? i have seen any where from $3500-5500 this is the main bike that I'm looking for its gonna be my first bike and as anyone I'm afraid of buying someone else problem.

Just what is the price point where you would start saying ok this is kinda low what is it that the seller is int telling me?

(i figured 2003 is not to old to where i have to worry about mechanics but not to new to where it will be expensive for my first bike and if i drop it (i wont...unless i do something really dumb) but just something that i wont cry over if it got a little scrape)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Anything over 5k is pretty high for an '03 and should have some nice work done to it, you can find '05-'06's in that price range. Anything under 3k is probably trashed, or has been, so look very closely. Really price is subjective and you'll find just as much crap being sold for 5k as you will for 3 or 4.

Chances are you will drop your bike, put some good frame sliders and bar-ends on (stock are fine) and you should be fine. Crashing is what you need to be careful on - take your first few months slow and learn how the bike operates. Good luck shopping.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris

that was exactly the kind of answer i as looking for that will help make my shopping around a lot easier.

i might want to find a newer bike if i can like 04 or 05 but money in this economy is the big decision maker.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Thanks Chris

that was exactly the kind of answer i as looking for that will help make my shopping around a lot easier.

i might want to find a newer bike if i can like 04 or 05 but money in this economy is the big decision maker.
I think that the way the economy is now, it's about the best time to buy since a lot of people are in need of money and are selling their stuff for dirt cheap just for the extra money. Just watch out for them nagger scams.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Yea scams is what I'm scared of....just the overall spend my savings on a nice loooking bike to find out the engine ends up on the ground behind me while im doin 75 on I95 lol
Oh yeah. Make sure A. You can physically see the bike and hear it turn over and if he/she lets you, do a test ride. B. Straight up cash, no cashiers checks no wire transfers or personal checks or money orders. It'll make them think twice about doing business with you. And C. Make sure you leave with a bill of sale and signed title in hand when you leave.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i paid 4k for my o5 with 3200 miles ..had some plastic damage but nothing major b/c of frame sliders..not perfect but it will do as its my fist bike also

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I don't know im probably going to wait until the end of this month at least, pile all my money together and see where im at and whats for sale at that time.
If you're looking at craigslist, don't make the mistake I did and only look at the city you're in. Look at surrounding cities like say you live in Charlottesville Virginia, look at craigslist in Richmond. Or like me, I live in Colorado Springs Colorado but I found better deals than what I paid for maybe even a better bike up in Denver craiglist. Maybe even go one state over. You'd be surprised what you find.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my 2003 CBR600RR with 8,000 miles for $3800 with a slip-on and minor cosmetic damage.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Craigslist has some decent stuff on it now and then, definitly check the area around you as well. Don't rule out Cycletrader - I found my bike on there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts