Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
As far as I know the only changes were that the 05 engine has 1 o2 sensor in the exhaust instead of 2 (CA and EU version) and has slightly smaller intakes which apparently increases throttle response.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get the 04 motor with the 05-06 ECU, the head on the 05-06 is ported slightly different all else the same, mechanically.

I've done this

Awesome thanks for calming my nerves about using an 04 motor with an 05 ecu and harness. I didn't know if the pin out was the same as the 03-04 ecu. Did you notice a difference from the 05 to the 04 motor? Like performance wise? Cause I don't know what's done to mine but she's a beast. I beat any 600 unless it's heavily modified.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awesome thanks for calming my nerves about using an 04 motor with an 05 ecu and harness. I didn't know if the pin out was the same as the 03-04 ecu. Did you notice a difference from the 05 to the 04 motor? Like performance wise? Cause I don't know what's done to mine but she's a beast. I beat any 600 unless it's heavily modified.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

not really

·
Registered
5 Posts
515 I have a question. I have a 04 and I have a 05 motor, I've heard putting the 05 head on the 04 block makes a little more power down low is this true?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts