Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First gear, putting along, grab the clutch lever..when I give a little blip, I kind of feel some tension. Feels like the clutch isn't engaging all the way, and it's still putting along. But when I go release the lever, I feel the clutch completely disengage and it feels fine.

I only feel this in first gear, and I just noticed it today.

Otherwise clutch feels fine, no slippage or anything.

Someone tell me I'm just paranoid, lol.

Cliff notes: In first gear, grab clutch, blip throttle, feel like clutch isn't engaging fully and it's putting me along.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't touched anything yet. Wanted to get some opinions first.

So, does it sound like the clutch is staying slightly engaged while the lever is pulled in?

D

·
0 Posts
It's possible. Are you having to pull the clutch all the way back to the bars for this?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
there should be approximately 1 quarter (as in the money) gap of slack before you start to feel tension on the lever, in other words 1 quarter thick of wiggle room on the lever before the clutch starts to engage at all, its hard to word but i hope you get what i mean

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there should be approximately 1 quarter (as in the money) gap of slack before you start to feel tension on the lever, in other words 1 quarter thick of wiggle room on the lever before the clutch starts to engage at all, its hard to word but i hope you get what i mean
I know exactly what you mean. :shakehand

I was having a brain lapse when I posted this; as soon as I saw how to adjust it, it brought me back to my motocross days. It was so simple.

Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts