Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have posted specifics of my problem but is has been banished to the fault finding forum never to see the light of day again, however, I have a specific question to users of the i900

When you turn of the ignition do you just walk away or do you wait for the alarm to arm before walking away?

If you walk away does the fob update to show the alarm is armed (e.g. when you are a few meters from the bike when it chirps) or do you need to be close to the bike for that to happen?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Don't be lazy, hit the arm button as you're walking away.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
The most times (maybe all of them) as i walk away it chirps to show that is armed but i've never thought to run after i turn the bike off to see what happens :crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hellp - have had the alarm sent back to me after they saww this video and despite having the fob replaced and it being slightly better than in the video (it now works on the petrol tank), I can still turn of the bike get of and even standing at the side of the bike waiting for it to chirp have nothing happen on the fob :(

The manual says get of and walk away, I have to get off and hang around and even take the damn thing out my pocket - surely that cant be right!

·
Registered
91 Posts
What is everyone's experience with this alarm?
I took off theft insurance because I am poor and am looking to get at least some protection. An alarm seems like the most promising form.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
What is everyone's experience with this alarm?
I took off theft insurance because I am poor and am looking to get at least some protection. An alarm seems like the most promising form.

Just keep in mind unless your bike is secured in such a way that it can't be lifted up ... it takes less than 30 seconds to steal a bike

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just keep in mind unless your bike is secured in such a way that it can't be lifted up ... it takes less than 30 seconds to steal a bike

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App
Yup, that's why I am a little worried, do you have any better suggestions besides an achor?

On the brighter side I live in a low theft state/town and get a locked garage for half the year.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its all the bits that add up: HISS, ground anchor, disk lock, alarm, cover, garage etc etc

Do as much as you can to persuade someone to ignore your bike and move on to to the next one.

I have ground anchor at home and a 300USD chain. HISS on the bike, even the LED set to constantly flash (its in the manual) and a cover. I got the alarm for added security whilst away from home although well aware that if someone wants it they will chuck it in the back of a van in 30 seconds. At least the i900 will hopefully let me know if I am close enough to do something about it (if the damn fob updates itself)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.