Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have 2012 600rr

i have installed the PC5, just purchased dynojet QS sensor 4-113, older model. This is a pull type btw, and the ignition QS module.

The question I have is will this "Pull" sensor work? I have the factory sets atm, looking into aftermarkets in the future but i want to know if this will work or not. i been getting mixed answers in regards to this sensor will not work.

any help will do, if i have to buy new rear sets to make this work i will, or get new shift rods etc... if not imma sell it for what i got in it.

Thanks.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
When you up shift is the shift shaft under tension? If it isn't then your pull type won't work.

It's literally explained in the name.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean under tension? this QS thing is all new to me, i couldn't pass up on this deal so i bought. if it won't work ill just sell it for what i got into it.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
under tension, meaning being pulled on. like a pull type QS

in stock configuration, when you move the lever up to shift up, the shift shaft is under compression (being pushed on) so you would need a push type sensor.

this is very simple

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike is in storage so i can't see where to rods moves towards. but majority of the info i have seen says it won't work, but some has mentioned that it worked. i wanted to see if anyone had a pull type sensor and made it work.

Thanks

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
if you have stock rearsets and haven't modified the linkage, it won't work.

you should make a habit of doing your homework before spending your money. you'll save a ton in the long run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea got a really good deal for this setup so I bite the bullet, if anything I can just buy a new sensor or sell this kit, you mentioned if I haven’t done anything to the linkages it won’t work, that being said what can I do to the linkages to make it work? If possible. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's no help with your current question but, if you sell it and buy something else, I've just fitted a healtech quickshifter to my 2012 600rr.
Brilliant piece of kit and works flawlessly.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would you happened to know which rearsets requires a pull sensor?

And yes I will more likely sell this and get a healtech. Some who needs a pull sensor will get one Hella of a deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's not true. My 05 has a single rod and is gp shift. (Which I'll be putting back to stock shift this week) the shifter is attached not to the peg, but to the pivot point for the shift shaft, so essentially it's mounted in front of the peg and aimed towards the back of the bike and has a hole on either side of the pivot to change shift pattern.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
generally speaking. there are some that reroute the linkage yes.

either way it's aftermarket rearsets.

fairly sure this guy is going to be selling it and buying what he should have in the first place

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I vaguely remember that you can make the stock rearsets into GP shift if you remove the front sprocket cover and flip the linkage over so it's pushing on upshifts. I think so at least.

Edit: of course you would want proper aftermarket rearsets for any track work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I been looking how the rod movements are and if I was to switch it to gp style (factory rear set) my pull sensor will work. those two hoses makes it a tight fit but I has been done. Might give it a shot, but again I might sell it a get some healtech or different make. If ya know anyone who wants a QS setup and can use the pull sensor lmk. The sensor is open box. And quick shifter ignition module used. Sell them both for 245 obo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to bring this back, I was able to make this setup work with no issues what so ever by changing over to gp shifting. The lady got me some vortex rear sets and it’s looking like I won’t be able to run gp shifting anymore? Is this correct? I have a pull sensor that’s why I’m questioning it. And which rods will I have to get? I currently have rod A, and the rods that came with the vortex rearsets. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts