Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never been on a bike with a quick shifter how do they work? the most common one i see is the dynojet one that wires to the pc3 control box? anybody want to explain it to me?

·
Registered
741 Posts
well .... when you wanna upshift you touch the shifter with your toe and it automatically retard the ignition soo you can do a full-throtle/clutchless shift without hurting the transmission

ive ridden one b4 but i like the traditional pull-the-clutch-then-shift more

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Due to the secondary injectors the ignition module is needed to cut ignition. Shifting effort is about as hard as when the clutch is pulled in. The advantage is really only on the track where 1/10s of a second matter.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
wait, so a quick shifter elminiates the need for a clutch pull? I dont see how thats possible without an elecronic clutch?

Edit: nevermind, full throttle RPM matching, thats why, you can do the same thing on a Semi truck.

Thought you guys meant full time, which would require electronic servos whcih the RR doesn't have in the tranny, least i hope not, or you could make it a full electronic system if you really wanted.

Hmm, no looking at the DJ site, i see how they do it. Doesnt seem all that useful on the street.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
I haven't clutched for an upshift since I got the bike, just rev match it
I didnt know you could rev match on a bike, I've done it in a rally car, and in a Semi truck, but never thought a bike would be ok for it.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I didnt know you could rev match on a bike, I've done it in a rally car, and in a Semi truck, but never thought a bike would be ok for it.
Yep, The honda transmissions are as smooth as butter, and it's actually too easy to do it. If you happen to accidentally bump the shifter it'll switch gears.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
when i shift fast i just do a good ol clutchless shift. Just let of the gas quick and click er up, it has a sychronized tranny. no need to press a button to do that if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It's not needed it's just a lot faster. Every time you roll off you lose acceleration. Going down the striaght I've watched myself get closer and closer with each shift. That momentary let off on the track adds up

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Quickshifters are awesome, end of story. If you used one on the track, there wouldnt be "i like the clutch better" posts. They are only smooth at full throttle shifts, if you are less than full throttle they are a bit rough. I still use the clutch at times on the track, of course for downshifting and then for up shifting when in a technical area where I am not at full throttle to smooth out the shift.

Are they necessary? Not at all, but after you've ridden with one on the track you'll never want to go back.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I had a Dynojet on my R6 and now have a Bazzaz unit on my 600RR. The Bazzaz unit was a little more effort to get installed, but is so much smoother and shift kills times can be adjusted for independent gears, rather than one shift kill time for all gears like the Dynojet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts