Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out some other posts, but wanted to get some more opinions. I was just wondering what some suggestions for quicker starts are.

For me, Ive been getting the rpms up to about 8k and letting the clutch out a little quicker than normal. Im not popping it, but doing it faster than I would for an average start. As Im letting the clutch out, I continue to adjust the throttle to keep the rpms up around 8k until the clutch is all the way out.

Suggestions/tips?

· Registered
5,145 Posts
i think its all about practice. and trying to keep the front end down.

· Registered
1,157 Posts
launching for me is all about technique and feel. you can practice all the technique you want, but actually feeling what the bike is doing is most important. you won't get a good launch everytime. its all about making a bad launch good by grabbing a bit more clutch and knowing when to slip it out to maximize traction.

i think too many people concentrate too much on rpms. your rpms mean chit if you cant properly manage the throttle with the clutch. its all muscle memory, not brain work. For instance, revving to 9500 rpm and all out dropping the clutch will not work as well as only reving to 6000 and managing the clutch and throttle so as to get the optimal acceleration. 60 ft times are more than just throttle control. you have to massage the clutch as well, and that comes from knowing your machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.