Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a quick question about quick shifters.

I am interested in getting a dynojet quick shifter for my 06 R1 (which would be a push type for GP shifting). I am not really to educated about these kits. It is my understanding that these are used for full throttle clutchless shifting, so you can just shift it when your giving er' hell with out using the clutch. Are these shifts generally pretty smooth shifts, or are they kinda jerky?

More specific question, like what happens if you are shifting from 1st to 2nd? I would believe it would be a pretty violent shift if you used the quick shifter for that. BUT, I was reading that you can set the minimum RPM at which the quickshift will function, which leads me to believe that most people (track users) most likely have them set at a higher rpm, rather than a crusing RPM. I ride my bike on the street, but plan on trackin it eventually.

I am just worried that if I ever take my female friend for a ride, and the quick shifter causes jerkey shifts.

LASTLY, can the dynojet quick shifter function without the power commander, or do they work together?

Thanks in advance!

SIDE NOTE - I have not posted in this forum since last summer. I have an 04 600rr (the blue one that is pictured in my sig, with 50k miles on it. It was in pieces in my garage all winter just doing general maintenance and replacing the throttle bodies because I think the TPS was bad, if not it is the fuel pump). Just got a battery for it today, and hopefully should have it running. I was planning on giving the RR to my girlfriend, so I bought a 06 R1 Raven edition for myself in february :banger:) Buttttt she left me for someone else, so I kept the bike and the helmet I bought for her :gun1: So now, I am just trying to get my 600rr back together, and hold on to it for a track bike, or I might trade it up for a fishing boat. But its always nice to walk out in the garage and decide what bike I want to ride, plus it is nice to have a 600 and a 1000cc machine...kind of the best of both worlds. To tell you the truth, I think the 04-06 R1's are the best looking jap liters ever made. All the newer 1000cc bikes are hideous if you ask me. I know the performance number are up with the new machines, but they just look like a$$! But whatever, the 06 R1 feels kinda sluggish in low rpms, but once those RPM's are up, you better hold the hell on, she will rip your god damn arms off, and that nose will be kissing the sky. Unbelievable power coming from a 600. But don't worry, I still love the ol' RR :)

Sorry for the novel, the adderall is kicking in :blob7:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
you an buy a stand alone quick shifter. and ya you set the minimum RMP's also you set the duration of how long it shuts off the injectors. ive used it on a gsxr600 and its awesome!! BUT. IMO your money is best spent elsewhere. a QS is the last mod you need. your better off doing suspension, then more seat time. once your mastering your bike, then upgrade brakes. upgrade the suspension again. a good slipper clutch and more seat time,.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The R1 already has a slipper. I have tons of seat time brother. I have about 100k street miles on bikes over the past 8 years, but I plan on getting the R1 on the track eventually. I know the suspension that I want to get, so that is not really the issue here.

I understand the quick shifter is one of those things that you don't need. This is more of a "I want" type of deal. I am sure you understand. There are tons of things people don't need for their bike but spend $$ on them anyways, haha. Thats the fun in modding :banger:

The reason why I was asking is because a buddy is selling the quick shifter for cheap, so I just wanted to educate myself a little more about it, to see if it was something that I would actually enjoy using

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
No the dynojet QS wont work without a power commander, and depending on which version its for (PCIII or PCV) you may need to get an ignition module for it. I'm not 100% sure for a R1 though.

As stated above you can adjust the RPM that it engages at, you can adjust the ms that it kills the ignition. With the right adjustments they can be just as smooth or smoother as a person can IMO.

If you dont have a PC of some sort you can get stand alone QS from Bazzaz or HM.

***edit I was wrong dynojet does make a stand alone***

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not to thread jack. Im interested in a quick shifter for my track only 04 600rr. Do I need an ignition module? Or just the Q/S? Thanks

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Not to thread jack. Im interested in a quick shifter for my track only 04 600rr. Do I need an ignition module? Or just the Q/S? Thanks
Do you have a PCIII? Then you need an ignition module and QS sensor.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The R1 already has a slipper. I have tons of seat time brother. I have about 100k street miles on bikes over the past 8 years, but I plan on getting the R1 on the track eventually. I know the suspension that I want to get, so that is not really the issue here.

I understand the quick shifter is one of those things that you don't need. This is more of a "I want" type of deal. I am sure you understand. There are tons of things people don't need for their bike but spend $$ on them anyways, haha. Thats the fun in modding :banger:

The reason why I was asking is because a buddy is selling the quick shifter for cheap, so I just wanted to educate myself a little more about it, to see if it was something that I would actually enjoy using
I see. well in that case. buy one up!!! they are awesome!! :banger:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Not sure about dynojet but I love my bazzaz qs, u can adjust the timing per gear so you can get seamless shift every time

It's pointless for street ride but I would def recommend it if u are at the track.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
my buddy put the full bazzaz auto tune with QS on his recently built ninja race bike. he took it out for the first time a week ago, and said it was amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts