Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to tell everyone how wonderful this stuff is!!!! i just got my fairings back from the painter and one of the tabs was broken off. my fault b/c i didn't realize it. anyway, my husband was going to use some huge repair kit to make a tab. i had to go to walmart to pick up something else and happened to see this "quik steel" stuff. i read the back and it seemed like it was something that we could use. i mean, for $5.00, might as well try. it comes in a tube that looks like a roll of quarters. you cut off what you need, kneed the putty into one color (a grey color), and as it gets that color, it starts getting warm. you put it in place and in about 15-20 minutes, it hardens. you don't have to hold it in place b/c it has the consistency of hard playdoh after about a minute. this stuff is AMAZING!!! we formed the tab for my bike and it's just about perfect. we drilled a hole thru it and now everything fits right! just thought that i would let some of folks who try to do stuff ourselves in on something that i found very beneficial. i'll see if i can take pictures of my new "steel" tab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts