Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been lurking here a couple of months. I do have a few posts purchasing some things but other than that I have been pretty silent and getting a lot of ideas.

I purchased a 05 black Tribal in February. I was trying something new and simplifying my motorcycle life. I was riding an Aprilia Mille on the street and had 2 race-prepped SV 650s that I used for track days. Why 2? Long story. I’ll save it for another post. Soon after I purchased the RR I sold the Mille and the 2 SVs. My grand idea was to have one bike (Quiver of 1) that could do both track and street duty with minimal modifications.

I now have about 500 street miles on the finished product and I am liking her more and more with every ride. The toughest thing is getting use to the power band. I have been riding V-twins for the last 7 years. I also miss the rock solid stability of the Mille on the street. The RR is sooo much lighter. This is a good thing but takes some getting use to.

I have my first track day of the season a week from Sunday, and later in May my annual pilgrimage to Barber. I can’t wait!

Below is a list of the mods I did and a pic. The only things I think left to do are Power Commander and 520 chain conversion.

So I guess this is my introduction. I Look forward to talking with you.
Thanks for all the information I harvested from this site.
Greg

Sharkskinz Street Bodywork
Ohlins Rear Shock
Race Tech springs and Gold Valve Emulators
Leo Vinci CF Slip-on
Scotts/Ohlins Steering Damper
CFM Rear sets
Woodcraft Case Guards
G-craft Rear Brake Reservoir
Galfer Front Steel Braded Brake lines
Vesrah Front Brake Pads
Intuitive Frame Sliders and Spools
Honda Seat Cowl
Competition Werks Fender Eliminator
LP Flush Mount Turn Signals
Sharkskinz Race Tail for track use
Extra set of wheels with Pirelli Super Corsas for track use

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
oooooo ,me likes me likes...
you should be fine once you slp on thos 2 mods man, especially if you do the right ratios, i went -1 and man what a difference it made, and i was 100% street.
i thnk mopst of the guys that race on here go -1 / +2 or +3 i can only imagine how insane a difference that'll make.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dr.Spank said:
Nice bike...welcome...... I've always wanted a Mille..someday I'll get one.
The Mille is a great bike. I had about 20k miles on it. I was just ready for a change.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snikwad said:
oooooo ,me likes me likes...
you should be fine once you slp on thos 2 mods man, especially if you do the right ratios, i went -1 and man what a difference it made, and i was 100% street.
i thnk mopst of the guys that race on here go -1 / +2 or +3 i can only imagine how insane a difference that'll make.
I was going to wait until I needed a new chain then switch to 520. The stock gearing seems fine to me on the street. The track may tell a different story.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
stock gearing at Barber seems like it would be difficult

when you coming to Barber? its pretty much my home away from home

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
airforce101t said:
stock gearing at Barber seems like it would be difficult

when you coming to Barber? its pretty much my home away from home
I will be there on May 20-21. Will be with about 7 or 8 guys all from NJ and PA.
I have been there the last 2 years, I can't wait!!!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
cool I should be there that weekend

come to think of it, I think it was either that weekend or one in June last year when I broke my arm at a NESBA day @ Barber just before turn 1, damn bad memories

see ya there

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was there June 4-5 last year. My buddy on a pumkin orange GSXR had a pretty bad get off on the first day. Luckily no hospital trip was needed. But his bike was trashed. I was riding a black and day glow red SV.

Sounds like you are all healed up so you can show me the fast way around the track this year!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
haha I wish I'm still pretty slow, I should get bumped up to I group finally after a string of terrible luck. I think it was that weekend you were there that I got hit, it was the first session saturday before turn 1, some idiot on a purple kawasaki hit me hard

anyway, yeah I'm healed up good actually i've already done 4 trackdays this year so I'm good to go

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do remember a crash right there in he first session. We were staging to go out in the 'I' group. I guess that was you. I'm hoping to get bumped to 'A' group his year but I don't know, the SE NESBA guys are fast as sh*t! I only ride NESBA usually one event a year to do Barber. I usually ride with TPM but they don't do Barber. See you out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts