Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quiz #1 What does the name RC211V mean or what is its origin. For those who dont know I am talking about the Honda MotoGP bike the RC211V.

C

·
0 Posts
RC is Honda's racing designation .. eg. RC30, RC45, RC211V

211 means 1st GP bike designed of the 21st century

V is for V5 engine

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm glad someone finally asked that question.. i was to ashamed to ask myself! :Newbie:

Soooo..... can anyone buy that race bike? and if so where? (just curious.. not like i'm gettin one or anything... )

·
Registered
318 Posts
Honda Racing Corporation unveiled a new engine called RC211V that will be used to compete in the World Grand Prix Championship in 2002. RC211V is the first four-stroke racing engine designed by Honda for the first year of 21st century, hence its coding. The engine design is a 5-cylinder in a V configuration, made up of three front cylinders and two rear cylinders.

ok I cheated, copy and paste from
http://www.motorsports-network.com/News/motocyc4.htm#5-cyclinder

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
RC=racing code, or more like racing chassis code.

21=21st century

1=the very first bike build from the grund up

V= engine configuration and roman number for 5

having it in a V configurations and having the V as the roman numeral for 5 is, i dunno, accidental or planned, id leave that up to you

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
*without reading any of the other posts*

rc the the designation given to all the honda race bikes
211 means the first race bike of the 21st century
v is the configeration of the engine - v5

·
Registered
248 Posts
havoc said:
NO 51 was the height of the rider in inches.

I didnt know what RC211V stood for either but now I know and knowing is....
wtf ever happened to consistency?

either:

RC51 stands for 51" rider height
RC211V stands for 211" rider height (good grief, 17 feet tall!)

or:

RC51 stands for first 5th century race bike
RC211V stands for first 21st century race bike

take your pick.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think people pretty much agreed that CBR doesn't stand for anything. RR, I think, stands for "Race Ready". Anybody correct me on this?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The CBR thing has been debated to death. There have been plenty of threads about it buy I firmly believe that it stands for City Bike Race. The old smaller displacement hondas had the designation CB, which stood for City Bike, and when the Hurricane and it's decendants came out, they added the R for race. The RR on our bikes and the 929/954/1000RR's stands for Race Ready or Race Replica. I know it's a little redundant but it seems to make sense. Truth be known, it probably doesn't stand for anything, just some letters some marketing guy thought sounded cool, and two R's must be even cooler than one. Really, do you think they have debates over what GSXR stands for on gixxer.com?

·
Registered
282 Posts
RC is the race chassis code for honda 4-stroke race bikes.
i don't know why they stuck with CBR for the new multi-cylinder bikes.
however, the RC series WAS always in a V-configuration. including the RC-V... so that might be something to take note of.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts