Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the frame bolt on the right side (when sitting on it) of the bike when trying to install the R&G Slider. Mine is super tight and I'm afraid I'm gonna strip it.

Also how did you guys install the fork and swingarm protectors? That Fork nut is crazy. I don't have a socket that'll fit it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The bolts are super tight sometimes but if you have the correct size tool then you'll be fine.

When I put new tires on the bike I took my fork sliders in and they put them on for free so sorry I don't have any good info for you on that one.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
GOT IT!!!

about time...

Took a friend's advice and taped two socket wrenches together to extend it. Gave me more pressure with less force.

Thats so...hahahah I dontk now the word for it, but GENIUS! haha

·
Registered
606 Posts
you know u coulda just used a breaker bar right? i guess taping 2 wrenches work but thats just extra time whereas u coulda slipped on a pipe/pole and broke it lose

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thats so...hahahah I dontk now the word for it, but GENIUS! haha
I'm about to do a similar install, do you have many pics of the process?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thinking about getting a set of those. They would be for track only. Anyone know how they compare in how far they stick out to other brands? Not worried about the bodywork. Just want to protect everything else and I keep hearing talk of flipping over if they stick out too far.

G

·
Thinking about getting a set of those. They would be for track only. Anyone know how they compare in how far they stick out to other brands? Not worried about the bodywork. Just want to protect everything else and I keep hearing talk of flipping over if they stick out too far.
Which items are you talking about?
R&G stuff sticks out a bit more then necessary and is kind of flimsy (not my words).

Check out my site. www.dementedproducts.com
I make/sell sliders that are designed for track use, offer better protection, and are cheaper then other companies. Everything is on sale for 25% off right now too.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Flimsy? I have them and i don't understand how they can be considered flimsy at all. Either way, they hold up extremely well in a crash and that's all that's important. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.