Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Just to clear it up before we get started. I'm a Novice at the ways Motorcycle's work. I know Whats this, and that. And how most things work.

Lets get started shall we!

My cousin, and I were Out riding one day. (I ride a 2000 CBR 600 F4) (He rides a 2001 CBR 600 F4i) And on our way back home after riding for I'd say 3 +/- hours my bike Started losing power, then Just shut out with in seconds.

I pulled the seat off, and found the 30 AMP fuse was blown. My cousin went to ace, while I sat in a church parking lot, and went and got a bunch of 30 amp fuses, and Electrical tape. Because we figured it was a wire shorting. But after some Looking we couldn't see anything.

So we got the bike to his house, and I pulled all the fairings off, and didn't see no frays/showing wires. I then thought about the R/R box. I unplugged the R/R box, put a 30amp in, plug that Connecter in. and POOF it didn't blow! so I said
*Hey! just need a new R/R, Not to mad now*.

Welp, i went and Bought a 120$ after market R/R, (Don't have brand name on me, It's all at my cousins yet). PLugged the sucker in, and POOF it started like normal! I went for a quick ride to the town, and back to make sure I could make it home. Well Ride as I got into town, it died on me again!!

I coasted to a parking spot, took the back seat off, and The effing R/R was smoking, and Super-Super Hot! I mean it was steaming hot! It even looked like it blow up on one side.

So I got it back to his house, dumbfounded by whats going on. Went on Ebay and back a New Stator with gaskets. Don't ask me why I bought one, But I just have a feeling that may be the problem one way or another.

ANY help/Advice will be wonderful

Thanks-

Long story short, 2000 CBR 600 F4 R/R went out twice. No shorts/frays. Stator problem maybe? (Battery still has alot of juice)

·
Registered
860 Posts
it is quite probable that the original R/R failed short circuit across 2 phases and has cooked the stator windings. you can measure with a meter or whip the stator cover off and look for burnt windings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts