Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

R1 Caliper swap help????

998 views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  MXRider 
#1 · (Edited)
R1 Caliper swap help???? Problem Solved!!!!

I put R1 calipers and 330mm galfer wave rotors on my 05 cbr600rr. My stock setup had the brake lines with the ends rotated 90 degrees from each other. Well, the lines mount to the R1 calipers different. I need a set of lines with both ends facing the same direction. I cant just twist the lines, it doesn't work that way. Any ideas of a set of lines that will work? Any hints?

#9 · (Edited)
yes, u hold the bottom of the line and twist the fitting only.
just be careful.

i did mine a while ago and 0 problems, or even the slightest sign of seeping from the fitting.
I was thinking a set of lines form an 07-08 600RR would work. Aren't the lines coming off the bottom of the MC instead of the side? i think it would work as long as the lines mount to the calipers in the same location as an 05-06.
I'd rather find a set that is already that way. I can't afford a line failure at the end of the back stretch at Mid-Ohio.

#13 ·
Well, I was on Galfers website and low and behold, they are made to rotate at the ends. No need to get new lines or worry about turning them. I just went out in the shop, rotated them, amd mounted them to the calipers. All is good. I had no clue that galfer lines could be rotated. Sorry I was leary your advice MXRider and I owe you a cold one for saving me $100 on a new set of lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.