Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Speedos are often 10-15% optimistic at higher speeds. There is an article on this in the most recent Sport Rider. The mags test top speed with a radar gun if you want some acurate speeds for different bikes.

V

·
0 Posts
I believe I remember seeing that the 600RR was the fastest 600. They tested the top speed with a radar gun and it went 162.2 mph.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Drag increases exponentially with speed. It takes more than 10 extra hp to go from 160 to 170. Remember, 150 rear wheel hp liter bikes are doing 180, and they have 50 more hp than a stock 600. And if the speedo says 170 it is almost certain to be a lower actual speed.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have had my 03 at 167 (speedo reading) mtc is right, they are off more and more the faster you go. I just know I was haulin a$$ and the bike really had no more in her. Speedo took forever to go from 162-167.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hondaf4iguy said:
Byron_Poet, why are you so obsessed with top speed of 600s? Are you trying to convince yourself or us?
We have a post on how fast we went on our 600rr. I am comparing it to the post how fast people say they went on their R6. I think this makes a great conversation piece. Don’t you?

·
Registered
392 Posts
RR > R6 on top end. . . no doubt in my mind if that is the debate here. . .

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't know why people are obsessed with how fast they can take their bikes. Any idiot can go fast in a straight line, so what's there to prove? My friend's neighbor told me this just when I met him, "I just hit 165 on the freeway." So freakin what, I can hit 165 too if I really wanted to. I love to push my bike into the twisty canyons, not revving and speeding down the freeway at 150+. His chicken strips were like 1.5 inches on the side. I guess this constitutes a new kind of rider, the speed freak type who gets a rush at the high speed. I get a rush when I see my chicken strips lessen and lessen each time I hit the canyons. I know I'm not a pro, I have a quarter inch of chicken strips on each side, but I just think speeding down the freeway 150+ doesn't really prove anything.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
well, my chicken strips are almost non-existant--like1/16 of an inch. I love going fast or I would have PURCHASED A SLOWER BIKE!!!! I am far from a new rider-----I love the people who tell everybody how they should ride their bike.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
the strips of tire not used--still looks new on the outsides of your tire. I have not done any track days in a couple of years---do not carve real hard on the street--tiny chicken strips--anybody have pics of chicken strips for snapitoff????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts