Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is to all the Double R owners out there and have got some miles under their belts. A couple weeks ago I unfortunatley endo-ed my 03 R6 and totalled it. I love Yamaha and its all i have ever ridden. Well I got my insurance check and was bound to get another Yamaha but then cam across a deal for an 05 RR that I couldnt pass up. Its a 2005 RR with only 8k miles, never been down, full Jardine Exhaust system, a bunch of extra tires, and a rear bike stand for 5k flat. So i jumped on it and pick it up tuesday. Well I cant ride it for a while because i just had surgery last thursday to have a titanuim plate put on my collar bone (due to the wreck) and was wanting to get some feedback from you Honda guys on how you like your Double Rs.
Cory

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
sorry to hear about the wreck, glad your here type'n though! to bad it wasn't an 07 R6 to an 07RR, then i'd be able to tell ya; "prepare to be cramped, and go fast from 8K up!" LOL.

the 05 guy's will chime in. it's a Honda site, but a lot of guys here (my self included) ,know that who the runner up is after the RR. T.K.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol for sure. Thanks for the feedback. Im stoked to get out and ride it. That Jardine system is suppose to add like 9hp. That thing will be on one wheel all day. BTW, how is the RR to wheelie? I heard the first foot or 2 is hard because the swing arm is so race oriented that it squats when you pop the clutch to try to keep you planted. The doc told me i cant ride for 6 weeks but its only been like 3 days and im already off the Perkaset so i think ill be riding next weekend.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have an 06 which is essentially the same as the 05. You'll love the bike. I heard r6's lack the low-end tq which is def. not the case with the rr. You feel the power almost instantly. Which color combo did you get? Get a PC3 in conjunction with your jardine full exhaust. You will be making good power with a good tune

I actually like Yamaha. Its second after honda for me. The new r6's look real nice...but no promises, once you go Honda Im not sure you'll go back lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've ridden my friends' 06 R6 and his bike feels a lil bit more nimble and quick but a bit squirrely. He did some some gearing changes though so it could have been that. The RR definitely feels more stable, although it's a heavier bike so it could be that. Mine is an 04 which isn't much different than the 05 except for the upside down forks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I never noticed the lack of power but mine was a little older. They say that the 06 and newer are really bad about having no low end power. But yeah i wanna throw a tyger shark on it and get a PCIII. But because of my collar bone i lost my job so mods and **** will have to wait a little while.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I've ridden my friends' 06 R6 and his bike feels a lil bit more nimble and quick but a bit squirrely. He did some some gearing changes though so it could have been that. The RR definitely feels more stable, although it's a heavier bike so it could be that. Mine is an 04 which isn't much different than the 05 except for the upside down forks.
upside down forks, 05-06 lost some weight and has better midrange than the 03/04, just like the 07/08 has better midrange than the 05/06.

In terms of weight, the 03 R6 weighs in the high 150s whereas the 05/06 is the low 160s. So the r6 is lighter but I doubt its that noticeable

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that has to be my favorite thing about getting the new bike is that its an 05 and has inverted forks! I heard they corner amazing! And with the hp difference, with the exhaust system, i dont think the weight difference will be noticable. Im just ready to fuckin ride! Its been like 2 1/2 weeks and i think im gonna explode!!!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Ur going to love the RR....But then again I have only rode Honda!!! I have a 06 myself and this is a great bike.....Dips in turns great, very stable, and good all around power!!!
When U heal, joy the ride..................

·
Registered
268 Posts
I love his R6, they are good bikes and they handle great.....I bet you won't miss that Yamaha power curve though, or errr....is that even a curve? lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
i went from an r6 to an RR and I completely love it. I was a little apprehensive at first because I had only ridden r6's as well but the 08 RR I got feels so much better. The bike feels so damn balanced and the riding position is way better for me. The only noticeable difference is the seat on the r6 is nicer which I think i needed to get used to and my passenger complains about pilon seat being uncomfortable and the rear pegs being higher, but faced with the option of not riding she doesn't complain anymore. haha. You'll love the bike, heal up and go ride

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah and i heard that in slow wheelies they are so much more stable. Lol if the seat is any worse than the R6 im gonna have to find a really nice ass pad, I have to ride the bike from Colorado to Alabama in 2 and a half weeks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'll say this, as soon as my 2006 R6 driving buddy rode my RR, He wanted to trade. lol
My fiances brother has an 07 R6 and i have the 07 RR, we swaped last night and i couldnt believe the lack of low end torque that bike had. It moves, has higher RPMS and the slipper is nice for riding but i wouldnt trade. I rode it 3 miles and wanted my RR back.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
My fiances brother has an 07 R6 and i have the 07 RR, we swaped last night and i couldnt believe the lack of low end torque that bike had. It moves, has higher RPMS and the slipper is nice for riding but i wouldnt trade. I rode it 3 miles and wanted my RR back.
I just came across a 2006 R6 and it majorly lacks in the low end dept. The chassis gives a ton of feedback (I def need more riding time for my brain to adjust to all the extra info) compared to the F4i but it also makes it somewhat nervous on the street. Slipper clutch is nice but it doesn't slip as much as I would like (easy fix). I get to take it out on the track on the 8th so we'll see how well it does out there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bro Ill tell ya my friend just bought an 08 R6 and and suppose to be revised from 07. Ive had my RR a couple months and wanted to ride his R6 to see what it was like. Immediately sitting on it I can feel the difference..hes 5'7" and Im 6'1"...my feet barely touched the ground. The RR is more comfortable to my opinion, he thinks so also. I drove his and it doesnt feel quicker, more powerful, or even better handling. I could feel the xtra 20lbs in the front of the R6 and didnt turn as smooth as my RR. The RR shoots out with no problem, and was waiting on R6 to do the same but it didnt. I have to say R6 looks clean and is quick, but I love my RR with a passion. His words after riding my RR again was "GD man, your Bike has more power"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts