Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

There is a local guy who has a 04 cbr that has race fairings. I have went and looked at the bike and found all the plugs for everything removed (lights, speedo, ect). Would it be a bad decision to purchase this bike ($2700) and buy fairings and all the other missing pieces? He has the head light and a few other OEM parts, but the bike was laid over. I took a bright flashlight and inspected under the fairings and from what I can tell it was not a very bad wreck. I just don't know how many miles are really on the bike due to no speedometer and it was a track bike so I'm worried it's beat. Not sure how these bikes hold up to that kind of abuse. He's only had it a year, claims 3 track days on it.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you were going to do that, youd probably be better off buying a full harness to replace the missing plugs rather than going through trying to rewire everything. If you went with aftermarket fairings rather than oem, you could get everything you need for anywhere from like $400 - $800 for all fairings, inner fairings, wind screen, etc. Then youd need a harness and speedo/ anything else thats been removed. As far as how its been treated, you dont really know unless you buy it and rip it apart to see what everything looks like. Does it look like its been cared for or is it all busted to ****? If its beat to hell, chances are basic maintenance has been neglected. If it looks like it was at least cared for on the outside, maybe the guy kept up with maint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy didn't remove/cut the harness. He taped and ziptied it up into some of the body work. Current owner is in his mid 30s, very well mannered. (I live in bama so you always have a run in with bubba now and then.) The oil was nice and fresh, it idled from cold just fine. If it had street fairings and was 100% ready to ride every day for a little more I wouldn't even ask about the bike; I'd already own it. The bike is safety wired, needs turn signals, mirrors, fairings, and a speedometer. Chain was clean, he seemed like someone who took care of his toys.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I bought my 04 for 3500 in excellent condition.. wait it out for something in better condition and more complete. The money you are gonna spend on fairings and parts you could afford a complete better condition bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts