Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok two weeks ago I fired up my 2008 600rr race bike and let it run for 15mins and then turned it off. Left to travel for work for two weeks and when I came back to fire up my bike again nothing. There is power so the battery is working and it attempts to start but I don't hear the fuel pump engaging. I removed the race plastics and looked at my power commander and it was not getting any power so I removed it and plugged all the stock connections back up. Attempted to restart the bike and still nothing (No sounds from the fuel pump) I thought maybe it's a bad fuel pump so I replaced the fuel pump with a new one. NOTHING. Swapped out my ECU with another one. NOTHING. Also checked all of the fuses and relays and all are fine. Went ahead and replaced all of the relays and fuses just to be safe and still NOTHING.

I have a stock spare wireharness sitting around as a last resort. Anyone else have this happen?

I need to be at Cornerspeed at VIR Monday morning so I have till late Sunday afternoon to get this fixed.

Would appreciate any advice.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Do you own a multimeter?

You just need to find out why your fuel pump isn't turning on... could be an issue with the BAS if you still have it connected, or a grounding issue or just a broken wire. You will need the multimeter to figure out which one...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Nico's right. You gotta get your hands on a multimeter and stop guessing. There are several things that can hold out the fuel pump.

BAS
Engine Stop Switch (You did check to make sure it's on Run right? :biggrin: )

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Engine Stop Switch (You did check to make sure it's on Run right? :biggrin: )
My thoughts as well, since it wasn't mentioned by the OP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts