Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
yeah i think someone on here got those a bit back and they didn't fit all that great. still a good inexpensive set for a starter.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
just remember on things like this... you get what ya pay for! spend some extra $$ on hotbodies, armourbodies or sharkskinz...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
For the price, the new version of the cheetah's are pretty darned good. Crash tested, mother approved. I have to replace the upper due to a compund crack where my clipon broke it, but the rest of the upper was in pretty good shape, and I'll keep it around as a spare. The rest of the glass, while chipped/scratched is completely useable, all from a 100 mph getoff.

PM cbr600rrjeremy for details.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
http://www.godfatherracing.com/index.html

Not sure if they've gotten the 600RR version out yet(says on the site not avaible but I think they may be out).

These are made using the same mold as Sharkskins and are supposibly VERY good especially at a quarter of the price of sharkskins.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
GA_RR said:
http://www.godfatherracing.com/index.html

Not sure if they've gotten the 600RR version out yet(says on the site not avaible but I think they may be out).

These are made using the same mold as Sharkskins and are supposibly VERY good especially at a quarter of the price of sharkskins.
Was a long wait last I heard too. Maybe they're up and running now. The new Cheetah upper/lower is very similar to the skinz too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
For the price, the new version of the cheetah's are pretty darned good. Crash tested, mother approved. I have to replace the upper due to a compund crack where my clipon broke it, but the rest of the upper was in pretty good shape, and I'll keep it around as a spare. The rest of the glass, while chipped/scratched is completely useable, all from a 100 mph getoff.

PM cbr600rrjeremy for details- Quote

+1

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I heard someone on here got them and they weren't all that bad. I mean, for 350 bucks that is kinda hard to argue with even if you have to manipulate them a bit.

The only downer is that there is no front fender included but you can pick that up from anyone.

And I hate to break the news, but my hotbodies stuff doesn't fit very great -the upper and lower seams and the seams on the tank cover where they meet the upper don't fit that great. And when I make hard left turns I touch the lower down and it is now paper thin from being used like a knee puck.

Race body work is just that. Use it and abuse it. Make it fit. Make it work.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I will agree with this, Race body work is just that. Use it and abuse it. Make it fit. Make it work. I see weekend track guys who don't care what color it is painted, how nice your number plates are. None of that matters on the track. That is why I rattle canned my bodywork. Easy and I won't cry if a rock hits it or it starts to come off.

T

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You're one step above me! LOL! I am still running primer grey! And everytime I think about painting it I am like, ugh, I have to peel off all the sponsor stickers and then remove the adhesive then sand, then paint. And I'm like screw it. It'll give me something to do over the winter.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I was going to go with the primer for the first day, but decided to go for the all black....
Keep it primered, it builds caracter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts