Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Cheetah race body work and here lately I have been grinding down the lower left fairing right below the stator cover. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem with the Cheetah, or any other body work. It's really bad, I just finished my first race weekend and now there are holes in the freakin' body work that are gonna have to be patched and built up.
~I have aftermarket suspension with the correct weight fork springs and the compression is set up at a normal level, not too soft
~My toe/peg is not touching or rubbing the ground
~My frame slider is not touching the ground
~I'm off the bike with decent/good form
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
937 Posts
I drag mine on the left also and Its armour bodies. I don't know what to do with it eather.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I drilled a small hole and zip tied it to a secure spot to tuck it in. A little extra hassle to reomve for tech/maint. but better than the alternative of doing nothing. If you haven't cut your frame sliders down yet, You should! You can drag them on some of the curbing on several of the tracks here in Tx.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
i dragged my left lower before ( i have an ak composite bodywork) but only reason why it was dragging because it was only zip-tied to the upper instead of using fasteners...

·
Registered
774 Posts
fastbuck said:
I drilled a small hole and zip tied it to a secure spot to tuck it in. A little extra hassle to reomve for tech/maint. but better than the alternative of doing nothing.
That's what I did too. Previously, I ran a zip tie around the water pump hose but now I run a long zip tie along an attachment about 4 inches closer to the front and it keeps the AK lower bodywork in tight. You might be able to see in my avatar that the body kit doesn't stick out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep I have Armor Bodies and it drags also, true enough about the frame sliders but mine don't drag on the curbing, but on the track it's self turn 4-5 at Barber I have also got my swing arm spools now that is just getting nasty with it. Man this bike really get's on with it. Not really worried about the body work it is the least of my worries, I have lifted the whole bike in the clamps and the shock it has helped with the sliders dragging but the body work is a lost cause. It will just give you something to brag about to all your boys.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have the woodcraft sliders... good alternative, as they are already the short design (but dont save as much bodywork in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I burned a hole through my lowers also, they are HotBodies. Do as the others stated above and zip tie them closer to the bike.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a couple of before and after pictures. I'm very proud of myself for sucking it up and figuring out how to do the work myself, with no instruction.

Bottomed out lower on the bike, lots of rash and a few holes. Check out the shaving on my shifter:

Three layers of fiberglass on the inside:

New resin coat, primered, and painted on the outside:

This is how far the bodywork used to stick out:

Put a big ziptie on it:

Brings it in much closer, and it should at least reduce the situation:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
cosp600rr said:
I drag mine on the left also and Its armour bodies. I don't know what to do with it eather.
Isn't that awesome though..."uh yeah, I drag my plastics...so what"

hehehehe

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
cbr600rrjeremy makes cheetah bodywork. PM him about it. Ask him if he knows of anything u can do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts