Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, life sucks, and I can’t race anymore. I just finished building my race bike for next season, and, like I said, I can’t race it.

The bike is an immaculate ’04, clean (not salvage) title, 2k miles, fully race prepped – Arata full Ti exhaust, Ohlins 3-way rear, GP Suspension s/s legal forks (springs, valves, shims custom internals), Ohlins damper, PCIII w/ custom tune (conservative dyno'd at 110+ w/ no other engine work), Sharkskinz bodywork (prepped and ready for paint), LSL Clip-ons (gold), CRG levers (gold), Sato adjustable rearsets (black), Sato frame sliders, 520 conversion and gearing, Galfer s/s lines, HRC brake pads, billet case covers (black), sitting on dunlop slicks, all race fluids and other stuff I’m sure I am forgetting. All told about $6500 in race mods, all installed within the last 2 months with 2 trackdays on ‘em. The bike has 3 trackdays total on it, the rest are street miles. No races.

This is a perfect bike for someone getting in to racing. It cost me about 13k to build. The bike really is perfect, it will make someone a pristine race bike.

It could be made street legal again. You would need a headlight, wiring harness, tail light and signals.

Book value is $6500, and, I’ve got an additional $6500 in mods on it plus a ton of labor.

My asking price is $8500. Anything less than that and I’m losing too much money, I will just throw on some lights and have the sickest rr street bike around.

I’m not giving up riding. So alternatively, I will consider a trade for a very nice street bike (preferably liter). I’d consider a supermoto and $$ too.

I’m located in Portland, OR, but can ship anywhere.

It’s pouring here so I’ll snap some picks when it stops.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Scotch, sorry to hear about your luck.. Hopefully you can race other year..

Goodluck on your sale.

Bump

Also try posting it on Wera, clubracer.net....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Its not really bad luck overall, its just the end of racing for me. Its funny, when you have the time to race, you don't have the money. Then once you get the money, you don't have the time.

When I get more serious about selling I'll post at the places you suggested. I'm really not happy about it so I'm sort of easing in to the process lol!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi... sorry to hear you can't race. Would you be willing to sell any of the parts? I am specifically interested in the Sato rear sets. Let me know

C

·
0 Posts
Bump! Scotch what type of bars are those in your clipons? LP replacements?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts