Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that you run 30 psi in the front, and 22 psi in the rear of race tires, is this true? if so, thats insane

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ok, I am using Pilot Race Mediums for Willow Springs in a few weeks. 22 psi in the rear and 30 front? Is that what I am reading? Why not 28/28?!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
Ok, I am using Pilot Race Mediums for Willow Springs in a few weeks. 22 psi in the rear and 30 front? Is that what I am reading? Why not 28/28?!
28front/22rear - dont really know why tho but if you try 28/28 vs 28/22 - you'll feel the difference...

·
Registered
135 Posts
30/22 is what I start with in TX for the cooler months. 28/22 summer. I believe the lower pressures keep the tires hotter and your contact patch in optimum shape. I also pay very close attention to pressures when hot, and prefer a 3-4 psi expantion. I have found from MY experience that is where I get the best feel from the tire. I would suggest you experiement for yourself and feel the confidence you get with the power race.

N

·
0 Posts
22 sounds really low. Can you tell a difference between 25 and 22 psi in the rear?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts