Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if most people are one or the other.

Personally I i ride pretty good on the track but i have no real want to drive around on wheelies.

Maybee i should learn how to wheelie then i can have the best of both worlds!

K

·
0 Posts
I'm a racer. no stunting for me. If i get the front wheel off the ground it's because i'm accelerating really hard and got that shift out perfect. It's an awesome feeling too.

·
Wheelies Do Not Stop At 12.00 o'clock try 15.00
1,099 Posts
it takes skills to be a track rider.. and it takes skills to be a stunter.. yes they are closely related skills too .. its just preference... i guess some would rather lowside at 100 then just walk off a 12d whoolie ;)

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
im more about the racing...
but i give the hardcore stunters mad props.
being good at one i dont think makes u good at the other tho...

i think stunting is about balls and practise.
Racing i think is a gift or aquired skill, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
riding in general...i would say racer for me...id rather be going hot around a track than doing wheelies or other tricks...and plus im about the pure competition and i love watching racing too...more so than the showmanship of stunting...but like snik said...i give props to those hardcore pro stunters

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
I for one can't say I am one or the other because I have not tracked/raced my bike to say I am a racer. Also I can do wheelies but I don't classify saying I am a stunter because I think theres a huge difference between being able to ripp a sick wheelie and being able to circle at 4-5 mph. I love to ride hard in corners and fast when possible but I also think there are posers everywhere you look. Just my .02 on why I am neather because I for one am no poser

·
Registered
774 Posts
I belong to the racer group, the only time I've gotten the front wheel off the ground is either under hard acceleration, or cresting a hill (T5 @ T-Hill). There's something about being on a track that is so addicting, once you've done it all you can do it think about doing it again. I'm sure that stunters get the same feeling once they master a certain technical stunt, they've got alot of skill and I respect them for that.
Riding is riding, you know, what ever gives you that feeling and puts a smile on your face is good enough for me.

·
Wheelies Do Not Stop At 12.00 o'clock try 15.00
1,099 Posts
this question has been debated a million times im shure.. im just to lazy to look for the big ole post that says how racers and stunters use the same concept of skills.. say braking and handling and what not

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I'm hunting for a beat up stunt/track bike right now for under 1500.00. I really don't want to wreck the other one because insurance will kick me out if so. but yea, i want to be good at track and stunt in both diff world.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Both! A few of the famous stunters ( aka Chris "Teach" McNeil ) Races track & stunts ( professsionally too, stunting. ) that to me is the best, get both worlds of riding, and have control over your bike to do whatever you wish. I'll see if I can dig up a video of him, he posts on here since he has a 05 600rr. His drifting is insane. Personally I love the twisties ( wish I had the time to go to the track ) and also love to stunt. All forms of riding just have to get it in. ALl fun to do & Watch.

*check it:

Him in a Comp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zBF81YaDPI

Motard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUJJCPSgrvo

Streetbike Promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiKy-_Iccqc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Although both require "skills" (or "Skillz" for you stuntaz) the are completely deferent disciplines. Just because you can do one doesn't mean you can do the other.

I myself prefer racing/track day's and I try my hardest to keep that front wheel down and planted. To me Racing/track riding is a huge adrenaline rush and it's all about proving I can push myself to the limits. I don't care who is watching or what other people think etc.

Personally I don't really care for stunting or the stunting lifestyle that is portrait. Nothing personal and maybe it's my age? I just don't like the "Gangsta" image it puts out. And most of all, most of the kids out there stunting don't wear proper gear, they stunt on public roads where they endanger themselves as well as others. And the list goes on.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool to watch them sometimes, just wish there was more common sense involved.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Although both require "skills" (or "Skillz" for you stuntaz) the are completely deferent disciplines. Just because you can do one doesn't mean you can do the other.

I myself prefer racing/track day's and I try my hardest to keep that front wheel down and planted. To me Racing/track riding is a huge adrenaline rush and it's all about proving I can push myself to the limits. I don't care who is watching or what other people think etc.

Personally I don't really care for stunting or the stunting lifestyle that is portrait. Nothing personal and maybe it's my age? I just don't like the "Gangsta" image it puts out. And most of all, most of the kids out there stunting don't wear proper gear, they stunt on public roads where they endanger themselves as well as others. And the list goes on.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool to watch them sometimes, just wish there was more common sense involved.
i agree with this definitely...thats another reason i dont have the warm fuzzy feelings about stunting...

·
Registered
735 Posts
im more about the racing...
but i give the hardcore stunters mad props.
being good at one i dont think makes u good at the other tho...

i think stunting is about balls and practise.
Racing i think is a gift or aquired skill, just my 2 cents.
+1 I like to race, but if you want to stunt go for it I will just watch

·
Registered
380 Posts
All racing here. Wheelies are fun here and there, but I couldnt see doing them all day. To each is own though. If thats what you like, then more power to ya. I agree with the whole "gangtsa" thing to some extent as well. Another thing I really dont like is all the knuckle heads squiding around town in shorts and tank tops. To me racing is doing what the bikes were made for and controling an insane machine at butt puckering speeds sliding around on the edge your tires limits.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts