Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 cbr600rr

Would like to know if there is a how to already. Or at least pictures of a finished product installed showing up close pics at the locations where fasteners are at. I did a search here and came up with nothing. Any links anyone knows of here or elsewhere plz?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
did you get the race rails or the stunt armor? depending on which i may be able to direct to some people or links.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you get the race rails or the stunt armor? depending on which i may be able to direct to some people or links.

The whole cage. Thing is, it has 2003 stamped on the inside of it which is probably fine. Maybe not tho' Mine is 2005

The longest bolt that came with it would have to go through the upper motor mount in order for it to line up correctly. To do that I would have to remove the bolt that is presently in place there, then insert the bolt that came with the cage. I haven't taken any measurements but I am guessing that is how it would work. Before I went to removing that fastener for the motor I wanted to be sure I was doing the right thing. You Tube provided how to's for other cages on different motorcycles and bolts were able to just slide through already incorporated objects on the motorcycles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXwTQppAl4 Look at around 28 seconds until... Mine? It looks like I have to do some disassembling first.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Sorry I don't have a lot of experience with full cages and haven't done any research. But I believe that the frame sliders for the RR's use the motor mounts that you are referring to. Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe try the stunting section on this forum they may have some instuctions or something. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody?

I'm sure after looking at some pics in the stunter section it goes in the top motor mount. I'm just nervous about removing the bolt that is already there.....

I guess I'm just gonna go for it. Then I will take pics along the way and post 'em up? Probably the easiest thing ever done I just like to be sure of things before diving in head first... haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks.

Here are a few pics of an area of concern also. Is the cage supposed to sit flush against the frame like this or should it set inside the opening? The bolt included is little in diameter compared to what is already in the motorcycle also.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That trannyy access rod should come out first, then you use an all thread to bolt both sides of the cage on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That trannyy access rod should come out first, then you use an all thread to bolt both sides of the cage on.
Makes good sense. They sent me a bolt that goes with it but it has a hex on one end and threads on the other... I'm just gonna pull the one out that is in there already and if the bolt they sent doesn't work I will get an all thread like you mentioned or figure something out I suppose. Just wanted to be sure I was choosing the right place to fasten it.

What do you think of the way the cage sits flush against the frame rather than setting inside the hole? The other side will indeed sink inside the frame but not the one I pictured. WTF can't believe it is so hard to find a how to thread on the entire webzzz for this. Probably cause it is so easy an idiot would have to ask for directions. haha

BTW just for fun google tranny access rod and see what you come up with.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
use the long rod or ready rod
alot of times you need to drill that hex bolt thing in the swingarm mount but i havent mounted an 07 or later cage ever...

ill pm you sorry for the dlay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts