Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Tampa area of Florida, and I was wondering if actual race come into town anywhere around here. I am not talking about track days, but something like the AMA races. I wasn't sure if Daytona hosted bikes or not. Anyone know or have a schedule?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ok, I'm assuming you're relatively new to bike racing? The race at Daytona is called the Daytona 200 and is arguably the most famous motorcycle race in the world. It used to be Grand Prix bikes and then became a superbike race. It is now (since this year) run under formula xtreme rules which is basically a super built 600. They changed because the superbikes were pushing 205 and exploding tires... a bad thing when walls are involved. Bike week begins with CCS and Fusa and then the AMA races so you can really see a lot in 10 days. CCS and FUSA come back in October for biketoberfest. There are also regional CCS races held at Homestead, Moroso (w.palm), and Jennings(n.florida). Other than that the closest AMA race would be Road Atlanta. Glad to see another race fan, be sure to bring friends :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Check www.tampatrackjunkies.com, it's the home forum of the team I race with and as the name says, we're all in the Tampa/St. Pete area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts