Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a good quality - price suit....

I'm deciding between TENKIC VIOLATOR or AGV ARGIS

teknic=620.00
agv=550.00

any of you guys using these suits? appricate any info..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Should check out the RST range.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I wasn't that impressed with my buddies dainese suit that got a hole in it on the first crash at low speeds. Its all in how you crash. I crashed at twice the speed he did in a teknic lightning and it held up better. I say get the best you can afford but most of the suits are pretty good. I now wear an a* smx and love it. It is so much more comfy than my teknic. That is what you are paying for.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I wasn't saying that my teknic was better than a dainese. I ment that it all depends on how you crash. I still believe that you get what you pay for. The more expensive suits will be generally nicer and have more creature comforts that a cheaper suit but both could get trashed in a crash.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i would suggest alpinestars. i have a tz-1 two piece, and i've went down 4 times before i decided to replace it. and to be quite honest, i could probably get it fixed and use it for another season or two, but i wanted to have a jacket for the street...

as far as i understand, the gpu suit isn't much different from the tz-1. the black and grey gpu suit is fully vented. so, that would be a plus in hot and sunny FL. it's a good entry level suit, and there's nothing wrong with starting with an entry level suit. you can always sell it and get a more expensive one later... check with the site vendors for pricing...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
gpu suit is great for the money and has been crash tested and held up really well. the construction of the teknic suits look flimsy to me. Haven't seen the moto gp suits, ibvosko from here bought one though and it was super light and looked good.

N

·
0 Posts
cosp600rr said:
I wasn't that impressed with my buddies dainese suit that got a hole in it on the first crash at low speeds. Its all in how you crash. I crashed at twice the speed he did in a teknic lightning and it held up better. I say get the best you can afford but most of the suits are pretty good. I now wear an a* smx and love it. It is so much more comfy than my teknic. That is what you are paying for.
Plz...I won't even touch this one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts