Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the racers... what size cam are you using in your racing throttles? I am currently using the euro throttle from yoyodyne with the 1/8th turn cam. It is really and helps me get to the power on the bike quickly but it feels a little jerky (puts on power very suddenly) going from 0 to 20% throttle. So it makes it a little tough for throttle control early on in corners (basically right now I am having to wait to be able to pick my bike up a bit before I can put the throttle on.) What size cams are you guys using? I was thinking of moving to the 1/6th turn cam... I guess my other thought is maybe part of the initial power surge has something to do with the bike and isn't because of the short turn throttle. I am taking her in to get her dyno'd for the first time next week and thinking that may even things out a bit... thoughts?

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Good question... I was having the same issues myself.. But i only have the hrc throttle, its okay for me for say, Fontana, but last weekend at CVR it was like an on/off switch.. One thing im looking into is this from Motion pro.. it is made to work for the Revolver throttle system..

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-1178/

·
Registered
387 Posts
I use the 1/6 turn HRC tube and like it.

1/8 is pretty tight. How do you manage minor throttle inputs during the corner? Doesn't sound good to me. I like 1/6, but that's me.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good question... I was having the same issues myself.. But i only have the hrc throttle, its okay for me for say, Fontana, but last weekend at CVR it was like an on/off switch.. One thing im looking into is this from Motion pro.. it is made to work for the Revolver throttle system..

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-1178/

I like that, anyone have one? And do you know what the total turn to 100% is (ie 1/6 turn or 1/5 turn)?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I have the 1/8 turn. It's bitch to ride around the 'hood, but I love it on the track. I recommend you keep working on it and see if you get used to it.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
i use 1/6 Robby Moto QC on my bike, it has 3 more cams to choose from but i used the smallest cam from the kit & it works fine for me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the yoyodyne throttle also and I have the largest cam installed I think it's the gold one it makes it the quickest reaction. I love it, just learn to control your wrist better, I was twitchy for awhile but now I am smooth with it. It just takes practice. Good luck

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I have had the throttle for a while actually. Done a few races with it and quite a few track days. It may be something with my fuel management or something wrong with the throttle cables. Sometime it jumps when I am going from 0-20% other times its fine. Gonna have the bike dyno'd and see if that helps...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Like 1%-19% doesn't exist. Does it jump from 0% to 20% when you open the throttle? If that's the case I would say it's a tuning issue, smooth out your map and give it a go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts