Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
hopefully its back up in time for F1 tomorrow. seems odd that they would intentionally go offline on a big racing weekend like this.

i got the MotoGP and Moto2 races from thepiratebay.com

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hopefully its back up in time for F1 tomorrow. seems odd that they would intentionally go offline on a big racing weekend like this.

ah, good idea. no way i'm watchin' speed coverage.

definitely odd that it went offline on a weekend... i think the last time i saw it go offline was from hardware issues, which i think it maybe since it's on a busy race weekend. it wouldn't make sense to do maintenance on a weekend.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

^yeah Im just gonna get it from there too.

TPB is bad, really bad.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
^^ how so? i don't normally download from public torrents, but its pretty easy to spot when files are not legit.

lots of infection BS there

AND its an open tracker .. which means any one can download and thus monitor what ip addresses are downloading what

enter copyright infringment problems with isp and or lawyers.

·
Registered
389 Posts
lots of infection BS there

AND its an open tracker .. which means any one can download and thus monitor what ip addresses are downloading what

enter copyright infringment problems with isp and or lawyers.
FYI even in public trackers your IP can be monitored, thats just part in parcel with using the Bittorrent protocol. Your IP is always visiable to anyone thats on the same torrent as you. The idea of private trackers is soley to encourage people to seed properly, create a community and ensure quality since there are consequences for not following rules. Any ideas of saftey becasue the tracker is private is false. Case in point Oink, best private music tracker so far Link

As for infections, reading the comments really helps filter out the BS. Also checking out the reputations on the posters helps out immensely.

With RU down there is another really good motorsports tracker (PEC) out there which has the same contributors as RU (Fenster, AlsonsoSpeed etc). Races are posted just at about the same schedule as RU and right now signing up is open.

So is it gone for good then?
I read a post from a MOD and RU should be back up in two weeks!?!

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Its not gone, my understanding is they are updating the server or something like that. Like said above use PEC for the time being, you arent allowed to post their url publicly so pm me if you want it.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Well its official RU is gone for good. Some bs about the owners and staff going their separate ways. Its all good though if you had an account with RU check the email you have the account with and you will see where the site went.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.