Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am pretty sure I need a new radiator, but I want to know what might have caused this leak? It's squirting out between the fins of the radiator.

No problem with the bike before I left for military training (2 months of the bike sitting). Then today, I turned the bike on to warm it up and to see if the bike is functioning properly, I let the radiator fan turn on and this started to happen. Let me know if any of you guys have an idea of what this may be?

Let me know if you are selling a radiator! 2006 cbr600rr

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a used radiator that came off my '07 600RR. It just has a slightly bent mounting tab that causes no issues. No leaks. Had it replaced off an insurance claim when I had a car pull out in front of me. I'll give ya a good deal on it. I can pm you pics if you interested. It was on my bike for maybe 8 months...practically new, minus the bent tab

as for your problem, I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Could have been caused by anything mate... but it is repairable. And probably at the fraction of the cost of a second hand one...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
yea you find a radiator shop and its fixable. Its the tubing in the fins thats leaking the fins are just the filter/guides for the air. But finding a good radiator shop is hard to come by anymore :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts