Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, need some insight. Recently did a coolant flush on my 08 600RR. As I was doing it, I left half way to run some errands. When I came back, ran my bike for 2 min and let is cool down for 45 mins realizing it hit 50 degrees. 2nd time I ran it again for 2 min, and it over heated to 80 degrees.

I noticed at this point that there was nothing in the bike, no water or coolant as I drain them out when I was doing the flush Did NOT do it again after I had realized my mistake.

My Qs are
-Did I do damage to my bike?
- How would I know if I did?
-Does the cbr shut off automatically like some cars would if it overheats to prevent engine damage?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You should be fine. If it only got to 80 degrees then that's a good operating temperature.

If you're not going to see a job through at one sitting, or you have other jobs to do on the bike before refilling with coolant, like fitting new hoses, then I'd suggest you do what I do, leave a note on the tank to remind you.

I leave notes mainly to remind me the wheels are loose, no coolant, no oil, brakes not bolted on, no brake fluid. Important stuff mainly.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah it should be fine if it only got up to 80 C (176 F), because that is right around the thermostat temperature anyway; so even if you had coolant, it may not have even started to circulate yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it should be fine if it only got up to 80 C (176 F), because that is right around the thermostat temperature anyway; so even if you had coolant, it may not have even started to circulate yet.
very good strategy. Will definetly incorporate this. Awesome pic by the way...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts