Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my way to see my girl today, she lives about 120km away now due to finishing school, I get caught in some rain about 20km away from my house, nothing heavy but enough to get everything I'm wearing wet within minutes. I decide to continue on since I'm already wet, can't get any wetter, my visor is not fogging and im not cold, after about 40km the traffic on the hwy let's up (mind you this is a nice twisty hwy in BC, the sea to sky hwy) and the fun begins. For the next 80+ km I had one of the best rides in a very long time, the road all to myself, keeping a fairly good pace even with the wet pavement and rain. Arriving at my gf place I had the biggest smile on my face, took me a while to peel my leathers off but I'm one happy camper now.

Anyone else have been caught in the rain and said f*** it and kept riding and had a good time?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yes, got stuck at a light for what seemed forever when it started raining. I was not even 5 minutes away from home so at first i was mad because i was gonna get wet but then i was like heeeey wait a minute, this chit is fun :rocker:

I live in Arizona so it's not like we get to see rain every year :crackup:
I really enjoyed it

·
Registered
285 Posts
yep, i stay away from the long rides but love a lil rain romp. im a sucker for breaking the rear loose if its a nice easy corner makes me grin every time

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I once rode to my buddys house in the rain. He hadn't seen my bike yet and it was pouring before I left so I just though F it this will be fun. I don't have any leathers or any rain gear. Just threw my phone in a ziplock bag and set out on a 30 minute ride. Was completely soaked but it was worth it :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Got caught in a downpour last week without my rain gear. I stopped under a bridge becuase the water was going through my GP-plus perf jacket and running straight down my arms into my gauntlets. Had to dump water out of them and just decided to wait it out.

I usually ride it out when I have my rain gear. But not when my hands are swimming.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I was caught in a down pour and have to say the new S20's are great also since most people where I live tend to not know how to drive in rain I still filter and pass cops they don't seem to bother me. Just sucks trying get your leathers dry.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i went out to go to the store in the rain just fun, for some reason it is a blast in the rain... my last track day was in the rain as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, I've never been caught in the rain but I imagined that I'd be bothered by it when I get to my destination. But If I ever do get caught riding during a down pour, I'll consider the positives mentioned

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I've had light rain on a ride and that was refreshing but I've also been caught in a microburst and that was enough to about blow the bike out from under me and then it brought a power line down on top of me. No fun at all.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
The rain provides me with the opportunity to change things up! It makes some for the most boring commutes interesting.

IMO its also the safest time to ride! Cagers are more likely to be using two hands and actually paying attention to their driving.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've been caught in it a few times, don't necessarily mind it. The only thing I wonder, and maybe some of you "rain riders" can answer. I understand in traffic ride the line of the cars tires since the water has been spread wayward. But if there is no traffic do you ride middle line where the oil collects or tire sides where usually is sunken a bit, where more water collects.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I've been caught in it a few times, don't necessarily mind it. The only thing I wonder, and maybe some of you "rain riders" can answer. I understand in traffic ride the line of the cars tires since the water has been spread wayward. But if there is no traffic do you ride middle line where the oil collects or tire sides where usually is sunken a bit, where more water collects.

i ride in the lines of the cage tires just because i'd rather be on water than oil + water =/

·
Registered
114 Posts
riding in the rain is actually fun to me esp when I am riding through twisties in the rain. It teaches good throttle control and the limits of traction

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Definitely take different lines in wet then dry, either stay in someones track or where I know the pavement more grippy. And so true about teaching you about throttle and brake control.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts