Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was nice, partly cloudy and about 60F. On the way home it started to sprinkle then a few mins later, full on down pour. My bike is now a mess, with sand and crap over everything. I have never used water to clean her before, but now I think I'm going to have to break out the hose. There is just too much crap to get by hand
Anyone out there run into this problem? If so, how did you clean your bike up?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yea, your gonna have to give her a real wash this time. Same thing happened to me a couple times last year, you`ll just waste a crapload of time trying to clean her the usual way. I`m gonna have to wash mine again as soon as the road salt gets washed off the roads around here. It snowed again on Thursday and they put more salt down. :evil: Came back from a ride today and it was all over the place again.

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
i use the polish in a can most of the time , but unless there's so much crap on her then i really give her a good wash down ... especially the sight you get when she's covered in nothing but droplets of water :drool:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I normally use Honda polish, but she looks like I took her off road almost. I had to go through a freakin construction area where the mud was just running like a river. This is beyond Honda polish, with all the sand and sh*t everywhere. :cry:

Tomorrow, its hose time, then finish her off with Honda polish. Anyone use a chamois to dry their bike?

Will be a good time to change the oil and clean/lube the chain as well.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I use chamois to dry, mostly because I put wax on after I hose wash the bike, that way I dont have to wait for it to dry on its own. I use Maguires Gold Class wax after a wash and Maguires Quick Detailer after a normal ride...Simple green to clean the wheels, spray it onto an old tee shirt and wipe down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts