Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my bike be okay if it gets rained on all day.. why is it raining, im in socal..

it never rains in southern california..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hahaha

"It Never Rains in Southern California", written by Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood...

id like to have a word with Albert and Mike right now.. and have them get me some rain gear.. at least.. ;)

·
Registered
810 Posts
It's fine. Just take care of your chain after wet rides. (Levers, pegs, and kickstand too. I used white lithium grease on all those. Doesn't get flushed out when wet.)
I keep the chain lubed as normal. If I oiled it after every time it got wet, I'd almost do it every day in winter "!"
Levers - oil every 3 months using a cable oiler.,
Pegs - only the spring & only when & if I remove it.
& the stand - once a year (if bothered) - its only a stand & gets covered in lube by the chain...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
It will be ok for that day, just clean up and lube........but you don't want to leave it out in alot of bad weather......If you don't have a garage get a bike cover.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will be ok for that day, just clean up and lube........but you don't want to leave it out in alot of bad weather......If you don't have a garage get a bike cover.
i garage it normally.. i just didnt have a choice this morning.. i had to ride my bike in.. i didnt sleep at my house last nite.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
the electronics will fry. rain will just flat our murder your bike.

on a serious note, bikes were meant to get wet. sitting out in a downpour for the day isn't going to hurt it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I missed it this morning going to school. A few minutes ago though it got me good. Twice for just a few minutes on the 210. Didnt get totally soaked so that was nice.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
you can't even imagine how many thunderstorms i've been stuck in. literally downpour.

you're fine bro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts