Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't hear anything on here about it. What's your take on this? Is raising minimum wage going to change anything?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well u raise minimum wage.....prices go up on goods slightly.....so the extra income is spent on increased price of goods......then u need another raise

·
Registered
223 Posts
The thought of it sounds great, but i think it will jus boost economic inflation.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you heard the term "Living wage"

Kind of falls in the same sentence.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you make minimum wage, it's not going to change anything.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Raising min wage is not going to help the "poor" as much as they think. They're going to have to pay more for just about everything.

Do you know who's going to be really happy? Union members whose wage is based off of the min wage.

Personally, I don't like min wage laws. Wage is a deal between an employer and an employee. What ever both sides will accept is fair for me. I know I am a little extreme on this.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raising min wage is not going to help the "poor" as much as they think. They're going to have to pay more for just about everything.

Do you know who's going to be really happy? Union members whose wage is based off of the min wage.

Personally, I don't like min wage laws. Wage is a deal between an employer and an employee. What ever both sides will accept is fair for me. I know I am a little extreme on this.

Your not extreme on this. I see it the same way.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Teenagers will love it but in fact will hurt the economy. Stupid idea IMO. Using McDonald's as an example they will hire less employees meaning more unemployed. And costs will go up or smaller burgers will be made. This goes or every other company with minimum wage employees. Finding a job will be impossible, cut backs will be made. Less hours worked its not gonna help anything

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Nothing good can come from this IMO, unless you consider goods getting more expensive to cover employer costs and workers getting scheduled fewer hours a good thing.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When did one job become the norm? I worked a full time and a part time job in college to pay for my rent/car payment and school. I didn't expect to make enough money from my full time job to be able to support myself and school so I got another job to assist with that. When did 40hours because a lot of hours to work, or 25 hours with a part time job? If you want to make more money go get another job, you can work 2-3 part time jobs and make lots of money. I sound just like my dad talking like this but it's true. If I had to get a job and couldn't find one that paid enough I would get 2, if that didn't work I would have 3.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
The problem is becoming many employers are not hiring for 40 hour a week positions, they will hold it at 34 to avoid paying out benefits to employees. I know a few people who are working 2 part time jobs to the tune of 50-60 hours a week combined.

ETA: I typically work 50 hours a week at my only job. While another job would give me more disposable income, f that. I like my disposable spare time. :lol:

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
That's another thing. I don't like work to run my life. What's the point of having a lot of money when you can't spend it because you work all the time. Besides I'd your supporting a family and have no other choice

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can agree with both of you above, I did like my free time but I was fairly young with free time. I would rather have the nice car and new items over free time. Then I wanted a house so I worked my butt off for it.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Having economics as a minor because triple majors aren't possible at my school, what the x, tripage, and others have said is 100% in line with theory and practice...this is why immigration is important to lower cost of goods thus providing a positive income effect.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I was the same way. Speaking like I'm older than I actually am. Only 19. But when I was 16 I got my first job to save for my first bike. Then got "laid off" and found another and then they piled on afterwards. Better opportunities came and I took them and now am no longer in food and make steadily way over minimum wage and happy where I am. Worked my ass off to be where I am now. In only 3 years I've have about 7 jobs lol

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was the same way. Speaking like I'm older than I actually am. Only 19. But when I was 16 I got my first job to save for my first bike. Then got "laid off" and found another and then they piled on afterwards. Better opportunities came and I took them and now am no longer in food and make steadily way over minimum wage and happy where I am. Worked my ass off to be where I am now. In only 3 years I've have about 7 jobs lol

Good for you. You make me feel old!!!! It's good to see younger guys/girls doing what it takes to get the things you want. Not giving up and saying there aren't any jobs or they don't pay enough. I am so tired of hearing this. I see a help wanted sign almost everyday I am out. I almost want to apply just to fill the position. Not that I need more work to do but just to show the owner that there are still people that want to work for a living and make money regardless of how much it is.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts