Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm newer to motorcycles and slowly looking for my second bike. First is CBR250 and I'm in the market for a 600.

I see an add for a bike that has been lowered 1.5". What entails raising this back to stock height? How hard is this? Can I do this myself?

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Generally it’s a lowering link in the shock linkage, fairly easy to do yourself or cheap for a shop to do.

Still looking, huh?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not much involved to going back to stock height. Look directly in front of your rear tire and you'll see a triangular looking bracket (it may say Vortex on it, a popular brand). You just swap this out with a stock one.

Can't imagine a shop would charge more than an hour labor for this.

And you can find the stock links all over eBay for cheap since those who lowered their bikes have no use for them.

I'd recommend riding the bike lowered for awhile and see how you like it. I'm 6'2" and find that lowered is more comfortable for me. YRMV.

A properly lowered bike would also have the forks adjusted so look if they've been lowered. Don't think most bother with it or that it makes that much difference in street riding.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Generally it’s a lowering link in the shock linkage, fairly easy to do yourself or cheap for a shop to do.

Still looking, huh?
Yes, still looking. The guy I posted about before never got back to me about showing his bike. The guy was super flaky.

This new prospect is the same model bike with 7.5k miles.

·
Registered
966 Posts
A properly lowered bike would also have the forks adjusted so look if they've been lowered. Don't think most bother with it or that it makes that much difference in street riding.
Good luck lowering the front end 1-1.5" to match the rear, cause you'll be smashing the crap out of your fender into the cowling if there's even that much fork leg available to do it.
Lowering the rear is terrible for handling. I suggest never riding a lowered sportbike unless you have to in order to ride it at all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
To do it right on this bike you'd have to install shorter springs in the front forks. Some fork tubes have alignment lines for various heights.

Lowering ain't ideal but it's better than standing on your tip toes every time you stop.

I just ride on the street and can't say I've noticed a huge amount of difference in handling on lowered machines.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Lowering ain't ideal but it's better than standing on your tip toes every time you stop.
Be a hero every day. Be this guy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That poor midget. I seen that video several times. Why doesn't he just get a smaller bike for god's sake. That would get old jumping on the bike at every stop light after like 10 lights

1 - 8 of 8 Posts