Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -- I'm trying to raise the front to stock. I'm able to get the front wheel free (with some creative engineering) and unscrewed the clamps as much as possible without removing the bolts but no matter how hard I push the thing won't budge.

So my question is -- should WD-40 or some other lubricant be required? or is this not a one-man job and I need the front stand?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i raised mine back to stock last week. i did it by myself. just loosen all your bolts but keep your socket wrench on one of the bolts ready to tighten it down. grab the front end under the front fairing and pick that bitch up, i had to shake it a little to get the forks to fall down. then with one hand holding it up tighten the bolt down. after you get it to move, if its not already where you want it, you can move the handle bar up under the tree and tighten them down so it cant fall back down any further than you have just moved it up. repeat until its where you want it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So lubricant isn't required? K i'll try getting a front stand and some extra help to see how that goes.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
When I put my front end back on, I had the right tube significantly higher then the left (DoH!) I found this out after I put all the fairings on. I removed the lower fairing, put the bike on the rear stand and put the scissor jack that is found in the trunk of your car under the headers, with a board to help stabilize it. I then lifted the bike off the ground a few inches. I then loosened the clamps that held the tube in and lowered the bike super slowly with the scissor jack and the tube slid up on its own. I then tightened everything and it was good to go. It should slide freely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts