Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have trouble with your ram-air covers lining up wiht the tank cover? Last winter I had all the bodywork off (except the upper) and when I put it all back together I couldn't get the right air cover to go flush with the tank cover no matter what I tried. I've had everything off numerous times but still no luck. I haven't had the upper off, so that can't be the problem. Any ideas? It's really bugging me.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I know. I'll get pics up asap. I'm having a problem with my camera program working with my new PC, so no pics yet.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Sounds like your upper is not on right. Or something is tweaked.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Make sure the ram air tubes are lined up correctly

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot Moe. I'll have everything off real soon for some modding since we now have a blanket of snow covering the ground. I'll get a better look at it forsure.

As far as the upper goes, that wouldn't be the problem because I never had the upper off the bike. Everything was lined up perfectly until I took the plastics off.. But the upper was never touched.

Thanks again guys.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
yeah the uper is held on by two bolts. When the bolts are lose the upper can be moved up or down 1-2mm. Try moving that. My right side air tube cover creates a little gap by the tank. Oh well..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts