Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
i've installed a fork stem plug from ram mounts on my 08rr last winter, everything is fine BUT is it normal that the plug became loose after some hours of riding?
I've thigten it before going out(can barely move with hand) but after 200km i can easy turn it with my hand, i've saw several video and double checked the instruction and all seems fine for me.
Any experience with this kind of mount?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm not familiar with the specific mount you're referring to, but I had a ram brake reservoir mount for another bike- it had a bolt to turn to tighten the ball into the clamp. You could use some lok-tite if it's a similar set up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a RAM mount that's been installed for around 3k miles and haven't had to tighten it yet. Did you cut the rubber before putting it in your forks?

·
Registered
186 Posts
My ram mount came supplied with a locknut. I would take yours off and check to see if there is one. If not I would replace it with a locknut.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'll chime in. My RAM stem mount also becomes loose after a while of riding even after making sure it is very tight. Good thing is it is not becoming loose enough to come out but I would prefer it staying put. Hope someone has a solution.

·
Registered
940 Posts
What I thought should not happen is the ball mount in the stem having the ability to be moved from one position to another however after watching that video it might be normal. There is no chance it will come out of the stem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
What I thought should not happen is the ball mount in the stem having the ability to be moved from one position to another however after watching that video it might be normal. There is no chance it will come out of the stem.
Correct. You can move that around so you can position the phone. There is no way I could pull that out. I wold have to loosen it to get it out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank for the replies guys, i've done exactly the same things showed in the video but for some reason it was still getting loose after a couple of ride. I've solved with some thread lock on the screw, seems fine right now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a pic of what i made for mine. I ran a length of threaded rod all the way through that hole in the fork stem and bolted it in so it was actually positively fixed to the bike. May be a weird solution but i didn't want to take any chances of that thing coming loose while riding! Personally wasn't about to trust any type of plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
The rubber inserts incl. with mine didn't fit on my 1krr, I went to the local hardware store and bought a rubber plug that did, drilled such out, and used in place and it worked great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts