Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how long of a ramp I need to get my bike in the back of my stock hieght 2000 silverado. I do not want to back it in the ditch anymore. Thanks

·
Registered
820 Posts
the longer the better trust me however its still a pain in the arse if you dont want to ride it up the ramp which i dont recommend but sometimes you have to!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
back up into a ditch or somethng to bring the back of the truck down,,, or back up to a hill to bring the ground up to the truck

·
Registered
593 Posts
a set of ramps as long as you would need would cost a ton to have built and be about 25 feet long are totally unable to manage...you would be better off to by small trailer with a fold down gate

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to discountramps.com (free shipping) and got mine, it was like 400 bucks with the straps. I ended up getting a three piece one so I could put my bike in by myself.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
just take 3 2x8's and screw them all together with supporting 2x4's every 2 feet on the bottom, then route out the bottom where they meet the truck. I've ridden my cbr up on a similiar ramp with no difficulties. You can even set it up with straps to hold the ramp to the truck.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I wouldn't feel comfortable enough to ride my bike up a ramp like that. I would defiantly have a friends help me push it up. Knowing my luck, i'll go to ride it up somehow drop the bike in the bed or off the truck completely. But i don't even have a truck so i think i'll stick to a trailer :)

Now if anyone has a video of themselves riding up into the back of their truck, i'd like to see it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I use this ramp from ebay. Your truck is a bit taller than mine, but this has worked great for me. And the price is not bad.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was also looking at some of those ramps and couldn't decide

1 - 20 of 22 Posts