Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
"oh, theyre real... takatas."
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Wow i feel like a noob for this. :retard:

So I "ran out of gas." Was on the last blinking bar when I parked.
Next day won't start up. Motor turns over fast still though.
Had to let it sit two days because of work, so just threw gas in it
and it will crank and crank but no start. Out of frustration I even
drained the battery trying to start it (doesnt take too long with an HID).
I've tried switching the ignition on for 3-4 seconds,
then off for 5 and repeated like 4 times to try an prime the fuel pump.
My bike runs very strong and is well maintained. I'm perplexed. Any help please?

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL i said it made me FEEL like a noob. im not one haha.
wish it was the killswitch guys :(
like i said it cranks and cranks just no firing. I've NEVER had a problem with this bike until now :(

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol no no i understand believe me that damn killswitch got me once or twice in my time :D
all in good humor!
also tried holding throttle wide open and cranking. nada.
tried to push start and got a HUGE GUNSHOT pop
still no dice :(

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
hmm. only thing left (given that everything else worked fine) is pull your tank/fuel line/injectors.

you may have had something get in there??

sorry man! I know that I have puzzled myself for a while before realizing the killswitch engaged... it can happen to anyone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i had a bike do the huge gunshot pop, ended up having wet fouled the plugs. not sure how that could have happened when you ran out of gas though??????

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea and its not like the bike even CUT OUT because of no gas. I was on the blinking gas bar for like 10 miles. and parked. it started first time every time since ive had it.
this is killing me!
is there a better way to prime the pump besides turning on the ignition then off and then on?

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so it must have just been air filling the fuel lines and pump
from me cranking and cranking when i tried to start it with no gas.
I just tried push starting literally 11-12 times sporadically twisting
the throttle as it bucked. started a couple times then cut out so got it started another
time jumped on side saddle rode around the block and now starts no problem
thanks anyway all i really appreciate the quick responses and suggestions
thats why i love this place

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D thanks again guys, even though it wasnt the kill switch :p LOL

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
lol, well this is good info to know! I wonder if it would have fired if you jump started it from a car, and just let it turn with WOT for a minute straight... hmm...

glad youre back in the saddle bro! and that sig is sick! mount diablo, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
casperRR - what happened to your bike is exactly whats happening to my bike right now. bike was completely fine when i parked it in the garage with one bar left. 2 days later ... cranks but no start. since then i been roaming through posts to see if anyone has had the same issue.

so far for 2 days i been opening up the throttle wide open and pressing the starter for about 5 sec. tried some push starts ... no help. charged the battery and everything else is as advertised and good to go.

anymore suggestions? or do i jus keep trying till it finally starts?

·
Registered
598 Posts
so far for 2 days i been opening up the throttle wide open and pressing the starter for about 5 sec.
as far as i know the pgm-f1 system will allow the engine turn over but wont allow the bike to start if it sees the throttle position sensor at wide open? anyone else think this? correct me if im wrong someone!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
as far as i know the pgm-f1 system will allow the engine turn over but wont allow the bike to start if it sees the throttle position sensor at wide open? anyone else think this? correct me if im wrong someone!!

your right scrappy600. i read in another post that you open the throttle all the way for about 10-15 sec then release it then try starting it. after i tried this a couple of times my bike finally started.

thanks for all the posts ... it was all very helpful

1 - 20 of 20 Posts