Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I got on my bike to go to work only to see that I needed gas. So I stopped on my way to work to pump gas and after pumping the gas, I put the key back into the ignition, turn it to on, and try to start my bike while in neutral. It didn't start, instead it made the sound of a dead battery. So I had somebody push me up to speed so I could tart it up, which I did successfully and rode to work. Now, at work after it had been sitting for at least 5 hours I went down to see if it would start up, and it did no problem. This has never happened to me before, and this morning it cold started perfectly fine. Any idea why this would happen or is it just some weird random unfortunate one in a million thing? Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
624 Posts
You may have a loose connection to the battery somewhere. Possible battery going out? Possible false neutral. Could be something in the tip sensor aswell. Could be quite a few things.

However, it most likely was just a freak incident. Keep an eye though if it happens again.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have a loose connection to the battery somewhere. Possible battery going out? Possible false neutral. Could be something in the tip sensor aswell. Could be quite a few things.

However, it most likely was just a freak incident. Keep an eye though if it happens again.
If anything it's probably the battery going out, it's never on a tender and sometimes sits for a long period of time. It's died once before, but it just fully died. Plus, I've had the bike for 7 months now and idk when the battery was put in. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you posted to answer your own question..?
No, the battery thing is an OPTION. Maybe someone knows EXACTLY what it was or has experienced it before. Bikes starting up perfectly fine now, so still no idea as to what caused it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe but it's only happened once so far, and it happened after I had been riding and just turned it off for a couple minutes. Idk, I'm thinking it was just a random freak occurrence but if it happens again I'll post about it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Maybe but it's only happened once so far, and it happened after I had been riding and just turned it off for a couple minutes. Idk, I'm thinking it was just a random freak occurrence but if it happens again I'll post about it.

thats what i thought exactly, and exact thing happened to me, i turned it on drove for about 100ft, turned it off, tried again and boom didnt work

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elul21, have you checked your battery? I got mine checked, and although it turns my bike over just about every time, sometimes after I do something like fill up for gas, or something else, it won't start so I got it checked out. At first it read that it was weak, but then it went to dead. I need to charge mine and see what happens, but I probably need a new battery! That's probably you're problem as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts