Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. I have an 04 cbr600rr and it has 19,625 miles. So the other day I start it to move it at work and it was idling rough. Felt like it wanted to shut off. The rpms would drop from about 1800 to almost 1000. So I start riding to see if It would stop but it started sputtering a lot and sounded like a ducati up to 3500 rpms and then rode fine. But kept in doing it for about 10 minutes then stopped. Then happened again yesterday. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
List of things done:
Pc5 with a map for Yoshi slip on and k&n filter
K&n filter
Ngk iridium plugs
Itbs cleaned
And all this was done about 8-9k miles ago. Thanks again

·
Registered
30 Posts
maybe its time for new plugs??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried remapping it and was doing the same thing, but I noticed that the softwareiI have is really old. So I wanna download the latest version and try again because with the one I had now when I started the bike the rpms were all over the place. As in 80k rpms at idle. Yes 80 not 8. Another thing I tried was disconnecting each injector and coil while the bike was running to see if there were any dead cylinders but there weren't. Disconnected the injectors and it would shut off. Disconnected the coils and rpms would drop so all injectors and coils are working. Took out the plugs and they look good. Coils don't look like they are in the best shape but like I said they were working. Another thing I tried was checked voltage. 12.9 at the battery with everything off. 12.54 with key on engine off. Then 13.5-13.7 at idle and about 13.9 with throttle. Will try another remap today and if not will take the commander out totally. Any other ideas or things to check are still welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And another thing it got worse. Before I started diagnosing. Before it would randomly do it on take off and now it was just doing it non stop. Bike was backfiring like crazy and kept shutting off but would turn right back on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So removed the power commander and same thing. Still sputtering. Turns off by itself(a lot). Gonna pull the tank see if there is any dirt or anything on the fuel filter. Any other ideas? This s*** is killing me

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So another thing I've realized while trying to diagnose this is when the bike shuts off the bike primes again right after

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any resolution to this?

After searching this forum I have seen at least 6 different posts with the exact same problems and not a single one with a resolution.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Bike idles fine.
it sputters from idle to about 4k when you rev and then runs fine after 4k.
It is very consistent in doing this which makes me think it is an electronics issue.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Any resolution to this?

After searching this forum I have seen at least 6 different posts with the exact same problems and not a single one with a resolution.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Bike idles fine.
it sputters from idle to about 4k when you rev and then runs fine after 4k.
It is very consistent in doing this which makes me think it is an electronics issue.
The issue that I had is very likely related to an aftermarket exhaust. I didn't have the bike on the road this year but will have it out next year, with a PC5 to moderate and control AF ratios.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The issue that I had is very likely related to an aftermarket exhaust. I didn't have the bike on the road this year but will have it out next year, with a PC5 to moderate and control AF ratios.
I have stock exhaust and no pc.

I can't be the only person to have this issue ever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts