Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no thread about the buttonwillow trackday august 13th with trackclub.com so here it is:

lol.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words everyone...

At least you're consistent...haha

Good stuff man! You luv that track dontcha? Are there any other tracks you'll ride cuz I'm starting to see a pattern here.
oh yes, loooove the track. I really dont ride much on the street (canyons) anymore. Its just not nearly as fun.
Well, they dont call me Mr Buttonwillow for nuthin', lol...
Actually I also ride Fontana (Cal Speedway) but its a bit pricy so I only go when a bunch of my usual suspects are also in attendance for our friendly smackdowns, and I also do Streets of Willow. My favorite is BW though, without a doubt. I've done it CW, CCW (my preference) and in several different configurations.

what tires are you running
^look like bidgestones
Pirelli Supercorsas...special tires for a racer at laguna seca...they're race take-offs with 8 laps on them. aid $175. sticky...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its the best combination of speed/fast sections, technical slow turns as well as medium turns, some elevation changes and good combination left/right turns (vs tracks that heavily favor one side or the other). its also not a terrible track surface and has good shade in the center building. you can also rent a garage with power so you have a place to hang if you want.

The best part of the track is how all the different characteristics are tied together into a very flowing track.

see for yourself:
video starts near the end of the warm up lap. track configuration is CCW (or reverse of normal direction-my favorite). this uses the old turn 2 (not my fave) and uses Mazda Star Turn as well as Lost Hill-both good turns.
http://media.putfile.com/powerpantablo_small

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, and I'll be there again on Sept 4, Oct 1 and Oct 9, as well as dates in November and December.

For most of these days I am running multiple groups too so I'm getting 250-300 miles a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts