Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AMA red flagged a race AGAIN!
I think I have a new hobby next year! I am gonna count the red flags in AMA vs MotoGP + WSBK!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yea I was pissed about that because it was right in the middle of a great race. Supersport is the only thing worth watching in the AMA anymore. Well that and FX. WSBK is good racing too. motogp is disappointing this year. I hope the teams step it up next year.

·
Registered
591 Posts
AMA red flagged a race AGAIN!
I think I have a new hobby next year! I am gonna count the red flags in AMA vs MotoGP + WSBK!
What is wrong with you? Herrin was pinned under the bike in an impact zone. Had flaggers ran out there and another bike came sliding their way then what? GP doesn't tend to have red flags because almost all of their venues have copious run-off room. The one place that they don't have a ton of run-off (Laguna) and surprise, surprise, they had two red flags that weekend.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
What is wrong with you? Herrin was pinned under the bike in an impact zone. Had flaggers ran out there and another bike came sliding their way then what? GP doesn't tend to have red flags because almost all of their venues have copious run-off room. The one place that they don't have a ton of run-off (Laguna) and surprise, surprise, they had two red flags that weekend.
O yea true true. I was wondering why he was flailing away and he sad that the bike was burning him.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
dude wtf, didn't we have this conversation???
the tracks don't have enough open runoff and access roads to get bikes/riders out of impact zones without stopping races. MotoGP has their f'in choice of the absolute best tracks in the world to run at. AMA only has American tracks which aren't designed for motorcycles. If AMA only ran at the "good tracks" in the US they would alternate between the same two tracks the entire season and you would never shut the f*ck up about that either...

MotoGP brings in the big bucks, AMA brings in chump change...

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
and just in case you still think AMA Superbike riders are "*****" for not running Mid-O in the rain, here is why they can't: (these were taken yesterday btw)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Dude....They could totally ride right through that! That stuff better be gone by Saturdays track day.

BTW, I think I'm going to count the number of threads where bench racers bitch about the AMA without having a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes.

I will give the guy credit for at least starting his own thread this time instead of hijacking someone else's.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are times when I agree red flags should be out... but most were stupid with fat ass CW not wanting to run out to help pick up the riders or the bikes with the proper equipment... Everything is too dependent on the EMT... EMT should be a last resort and should not be on the track if at all possible..

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
by most, you of course mean the one incident at Mid-Ohio, correct?
that would have been a red flag anyway, there was no way to get the bike out of the impact area, the guy could have jogged back to the pits and it still would have been red flagged. Unless there was a helicopter waiting to airlift the bike out of the gravel trap, it STILL would have been red flagged and for the billionth time, AMA does not provide the corner workers the track does, most tracks have very good corner workers but Mid-O brought in their car workers (though they were trained to work the AMA event).

AMA doesn't have the resources to haul the same cornerworkers everywhere, and before you say "you gotta spend money to make money" go look at the poll for whos an AMA member. People wanna bitch about why AMA doesn't have billions of dollars to spend on the races but most of them don't give enough of a **** to actually join the AMA. Everybody thinks AMA racing should be "fixed" at any cost. As long as it doesn't actually cost them a few dollars a year that is...

Too dependent on the EMT? think about this, if a rider is injured and the EMT can't get to them without driving on the track and stopping the race, what are the cornerworkers supposed to do with the rider??? what does having a stretcher matter if they can't actually take the guy anywhere until the EMT comes to them? If somebody does need a stretcher, its probably not wise to sit that person on the ground next to a corner worker station until the races is over... It all comes back to track design and like it or not, motorcycle racing isn't as popular as nascar and car racing in the US so it doesn't get top priority with most of the tracks. Dumbasses that "boycott" AMA racing think they'll convince somebody to do something but all it does is lower the ratings. Good job, lets make it look like motorcycle racing is less popular and see where that gets us with TV coverage and track design...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts