Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first new thread as a member but I thought it would stir up some discussion.

With sportbike insurance increasing so much, why can't insurance companies distinguish the difference between irresponsible sportbike riders (< than 1% of the population) and the good guys. I’m going to pay $2K full coverage ($1K without theft) on my new ’07 and I shopped around.

I’m 30 something, no tickets, no accidents and I’m a VERY responsible rider. I hate subsidizing those immature dudes. I pay half of that on my 350z roadster.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I pay $300/month for my Subaru STI...most insurance companies were quoting me around $400/month for a 600RR.

Hmmm...$25k car VS $6k bike.

I ended up talking to State Farm and they're only charging me $60/month (full coverage) on an 04' 600RR. I'm 23yrs old, single, and have a totalled 600RR under my belt from last year.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I am with State Farm as well.......I pay $55.00ish an month and I think that is a little high but you cannot beat their service.

·
Registered
255 Posts
my bike is financed and I'm with State Farm. $55 a month right now but I got two speeding tickets last year in the car... we'll see what happens when it renews.

·
Registered
109 Posts
HERE IS THE SECRET

Don't tell them you have a 600cc

Tell them it's 599 or 598cc

and for 1000cc

Tell them you have a 998cc

or 999cc

Dude the price was like 500bucks differences for me!!! LOL

·
Registered
928 Posts
Another way to reduce the price is opt out of the collision insurance and only have comprehensive. This way your covered for theft but if you wreck you'll have to do your own repairs. You can almost replace all the plastic on the bike for the difference you save.

I ended up paying about $300 per year with Progressive but I'm over 40.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Those are way too high. I pay $26 a month for full coverage on my 05 with State Farm.

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
LS1, that because you got the sexy all black bike. I get ripped on insurance, 18 years old, no moving violations or accidents, male, single. + live in California + a sport bike = me getting ripped. I pay 175 a month through progressive for comprehensive and liability.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
this has been a pretty good thread. i currently don't have insurance but want to shop around. everybody says State farm is the best and cheapest. but does it matter that i have a horrible driving record, meaning countless speeding tickets (no major accidents tho). my bike is financed and is almost fully stock. what other things do insurance companies look at?

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
They look at your driving record, your age, type of bike and CC's, your location, gender and marriage stats. I think thats about it.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
600rr Rider said:
They look at your driving record, your age, type of bike and CC's, your location, gender and marriage stats. I think thats about it.
i just got a quote for $115 by progressive online and $130 by geico. not too bad. state farm doesn't have an online quote system tho. i have to wait for an agent to call me. sux.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was with Nationwide and paid $150 a month for full coverage, no tickets, accidents, etc. I switched to Foremost and now pay $60 a month for all the same levels of coverage plus they cover up to $3500 worth of accessories and up to $1500 worth of gear. They also give a decent discount for completing a MSF course. Sorry for sounding like a commercial......

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
21 here with 1 ticket, no wrecks, got the MSF, FIREFIGHTER (usually helps a little), I pay $463 a year for liability with Foremost (only vehicle). Full coverage was like $3k a year! Soon to change though cause I just bought a car, and will be insuring it through a different company, so I'll go with their liabilty for the bike for like $20 or so a month.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I hear ya on that but there is more to the equation than just the type of rider you may be. I have a perfect record, I am 34. My full coverage insurance on my Audi A4 turbo is $600 a year. My full coverage quote on the CBR was $1700 a year!! I've had an M1 license for 17 years and various bikes with absolutely no insurance claims on any! Insurance can be a ripoff no matter what your age is or driving history may be. It depends much on where you live. I've heard your rates are high like ours in So. Cal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts