Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello in need of some help. Im having a rattling noise at around 4-6 k rpm. Im thinking its the valves since it has 34xxx miles. Just wanting a second input and it seems to be coming from the clutch side and i can it hear it from the front when im riding and i lean in closes to the tach coming from the front so could that rule out the cct? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Video would help tremendously. But you've already touched on both the most likely culprits. CCT isn't that expensive and is very easy to swap out with a new OEM unit. I would try that before pulling the valve cover off before doing a valve clearance check, unless you can absolutely rule out the CCT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also read that it could be the tank plastic rattling against the airbox.

EDIT: Read your post again and saw that it's coming from the clutch side.

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
Ok, the 2005/2006 RR's had a terrible rattle between 4-6K RPM caused by the tank cover. start there. Well known issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello in need of some help. Im having a rattling noise at around 4-6 k rpm. Im thinking its the valves since it has 34xxx miles. Just wanting a second input and it seems to be coming from the clutch side and i can it hear it from the front when im riding and i lean in closes to the tach coming from the front so could that rule out the cct? Thanks alot!
I am having the very same issue with my 06 600rr and what one real good bike mechanic told me is that the sounds is coming from the clutch bowl assembly, he said after awhile the rivets on the assembly gets loose which causes the sound, so i guess you can add that to your list of possible causes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going through the same **** right now. As I go down in toms, deceleration. Between 5000-4500 I hear a rattle coming from front wheel, clutch cover area. happens in all gears. I'm on my way to replacing the CCT. If the noise doesn't go away valve adjustment. My bike hit 22000 and . Had her since 18000. Pretty sure she hasn't been through that maintenance.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm going through the same **** right now. As I go down in toms, deceleration. Between 5000-4500 I hear a rattle coming from front wheel, clutch cover area. happens in all gears. I'm on my way to replacing the CCT. If the noise doesn't go away valve adjustment. My bike hit 22000 and . Had her since 18000. Pretty sure she hasn't been through that maintenance.
I had that issue. Changed the cct and the noise went away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts