Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only happens when I’m actually riding and let go off the throttle i can hear a raddled coming from the right side of the bike while the rpm is going down. Does not make any noise while I’m on nutual and giving it a nice rev. Has exactly 5k miles on it. I even took it around the block with no helmet sounds pretty shity but most definitely coming from the left side. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Only happens when I’m actually riding and let go off the throttle i can hear a raddled coming from the right side of the bike while the rpm is going down. Does not make any noise while I’m on nutual and giving it a nice rev. Has exactly 5k miles on it. I even took it around the block with no helmet sounds pretty shity but most definitely coming from the left side. Any suggestions? Thanks guys
if you have a rear stand, toss it up start the engine and put it in gear. try to find where the sound it originating from exactly and let us know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine did this, and after replacing the Cam Chain Tensioner, it went away. Under load, the chain is kept under tension, but on decel it has slack that the tensioner is supposed to deal with. I had an OEM laying around that I used, but I hear great things about the APE one, it won't fail again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cam chain tensioner fixed my issue... finally got around to it. Smh... never used to take me this long to get things fixed on my bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts