Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or do these bikes devolop rattles every thousand miles. i got 3600 miles on my bike now a 06 and she rattles everwhere. when you first start it up she ticks for a bit consistent with rpm then that goes a way then at 7000 she makes a high pitch kinda rattle. anyone got any ideas what it maybe.. also after i changed the oil the other day i notice when i slow down she makes a whine it sounds like it might be coming from the front. thanks peoples

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
shes just purring for ya. its all good.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The 7000 or maybe a little below that is the tank cover rattling against the little ECU cage. I had to put some single sided tape that has foam backing on top of it. It was for camper shells or something I dunno...

If you take the tank cover off you should be able to see the little wear marks. I have heard a few people who have this little vibration. Or try pushing down on that indent on the tank cover towards the front and see if it stops, then you know that's it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice thanks for the info i will check it out

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
mikespike2 said:
The 7000 or maybe a little below that is the tank cover rattling against the little ECU cage. I had to put some single sided tape that has foam backing on top of it. It was for camper shells or something I dunno...

If you take the tank cover off you should be able to see the little wear marks. I have heard a few people who have this little vibration. Or try pushing down on that indent on the tank cover towards the front and see if it stops, then you know that's it.
I should have fixed that on my bike when I had the tank and cover off. Ohh well maybe next time.

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
do what i do. Temp fix until you have time. Ghetto zip ties. I carry them in my toolbox. When people make fun of them, i say its race style. It doubles as weight reduction and aero dynamics to keep my bike on the ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts